Thursday 12 September 2013

Hope Framed Art

I saw a wonderful framed Swallowtail based frame on Cindy Beach"s blog recently and decided to give it a go. I found a frame I liked and then started on the Swallowtail colouring. I realised as it was time to put it all together that my frame was a little larger than Cindy's so I needed to come up with an idea to cover the join in card stock.

I did borrow the wonderful Typeset Jumbo Bigz dies from wonderful Christine, and I changed the word from Cindy's "SOAR" to "HOPE". After all, I am always saying I "hope" so that is the word for me:-) And while talking to Christine I was inspired to use the now retired border punch to cover the card stock join.
The Swallowtail is stamped on Coaster Board and coloured with Markers.

And stamped the DSP with Clock works in Encore Gold Ink and the Collage Curios (retired) butterfly and placed inside a Soda Pop Top after running through the Big Shot.

Now its hanging in the Hall and does look as long as it belongs there!

Card Stock: Coaster Board, Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer Paper, Modern Medley DSP
Stamps: Swallowtail, Clock Works
Inks, (Markers: Pistachio Pudding, pool, Party, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry) Encore Gold, Stazon Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Soda Pop Tops, Black Brads, Typeset Jumbo Bigz Dies

Happy Stamping till next time, 

Jan

 P.S WOW, my blog Heading has re appeared all on its own as hoped :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment