Friday 22 November 2013

Red and White Christmas

Red and white is one of my favourite colour combos and I haven't really used it much in Christmas cards this year so it was time to give it a whirl. And what better than to use the combo for this weeks sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.
Ok - red and white and a little gold!!


There is something about that Gold foil…I just can't get enough of it :-) Just as well there is plenty left in the packet! The DSP is from the Polka Dot Parade pack and the poinsettia is embossed in Gold with some pearls on top. The greeting is embossed in White. I have an aunt who is particularly fond of red and white so this will go in the post to her. I hope she likes it!

Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Designer Series Paper: Polka Dot Parade
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Joyful Christmas, Many Merry Messages
Accessories: Basic pearls and dimensionals

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



8 comments:

  1. Stunning & striking with Christmas elegance. I'm sure your aunt will love it. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bev! Yes, I think I might make a few more of these :-) such a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic Christmas! Beautiful flower! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan! I do love the red and gold combination! I just love that poinsettia! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jen :-) yes it's one of my favourite sets this Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow card Jan! You can do amazingly different cards with the same flower and still look beautiful. What a great stamp set -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Katerina :-) yes it's a fabulous set, hard to believe I nearly didn't get it!!

    ReplyDelete