Wednesday 12 February 2014

Have Fun with the Paper Craft Crew

Today is Wednesday so it is time for a new sketch at the Paper Craft Crew! I've had a busy day - off to the Dentist and a few errands but clean and happy teeth :-) And so it is nice to be able to sit down and make a card.

I think this sketch is a great one - it made me think outside my usual box which is something I love about Challenges. After several different card stock colours and umpteen stamp sets were tried I came back to this one - my second idea out of about 4-5!! And I do quite like it. So you see, we all need to be challenged a bit sometimes - it is good!!

I took inspiration from the colours in the beautiful DSP and used the Hardwood stamp as a background. The Tangerine Tango image is from the Starburst Framelits. It's  added with some dimensionals on top of the lovely Gold Foil card stock which has been cut with the Circle framelits. The "Thank You"greeting is from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.
 Two of the little banners are punched from the DSP and the middle one is stamped onto Pool Party card stock. All have a little Rhinestone and the ends have White Bakers twine bows added with Glue dots. And finally, a rhinestone is added to the flower in the DSP banner too :-)

Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Pool Party,Whisper White, Gold Foil
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Sorbet*
Ink: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango
Stamps: Hardwood, Starburst Sayings, Happy Water, Banner Blast
Accessories: Big Shot, Starburst Framelits, Circle Framlits, Hexagon punch ( for banners), Banner Punch, Basic Rhinestones, White Bakers Twine.


I hope you too feel inspired to check out what the rest of the Design Team have shared for you and come and join in too! I so look forward to seeing what you create with this weeks's sketch at the Paper Craft Crew.

Happy Stamping until next time,

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Love the card Jan! It's so beautiful and the Hardwood stamp looks fantastic. Like the colour you chose for it!!! Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katerina :-) Yes I love the Hardwood too - it seems so versatile!

      Delete