Tuesday 13 May 2014

All Around the Sketch and an Announcement!

Good evening everyone! I hope you have had a good Tuesday? I have had a full day and am ready for a quieter one tomorrow :-) Between dog walks and some grocery shopping I did have the pleasure of a friend's company this afternoon - so much fun to see my good friend Katerina and she even brought some Show and Tell!! Sadly I completely missed the opportunity to take some photos to show you her amazing Scrap booking pages - so it will have to be next time! And now here is a card for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink - a sketch! Now before I get onto the sketch I do have some wonderful news: As the Winner for last week's challenge I have received an invitation to join the JAI team as a Guest Designer for a challenge later this month!! I am so excited as you can see by how often I've entered that I do love their challenges :-) So it is such a lovely honour - thank you Ladies!
Now for the Sketch :


And without further ado…here is my card


Sorry about all those shadows!

This lovely DSP only came this week and I've been looking forward to pairing it with the On Film Framelits :-)

The card base is Real Red with a layer of Whisper White on top and then the fun begins with all the angled cutting - not quite as easy as it looks but once I'd got my first angle, I just kept them the same down the card. the Film Frame is added with dimensionals as are all the stamped images :-) The camera die I coloured with a So Saffron marker before running through the Big Shot - as the die embosses as well as cuts and this just gives a bit of added depth to the lines and helps them stand out a bit more. 

Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, So Saffron
Designer Series Paper: I Am Me
Inks: Basic Grey, Real Red, So Saffron (Marker)
Stamps: All Around the World, Just Sayin
Accessories: Big Shot, On Film Framelits, Word Bubble Framelits, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have time to check out the fabulous inspiration by the Team at Just Add ink and maybe you might be inspired to enter too  - you never know, YOU may be the next Guest Designer :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

10 comments:

  1. Another great take on a Just Add Ink Challenge Jan! Love your theme choice and so excited to have you joining us. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nikki :-) I am excited too! xx

      Delete
  2. I love these bright happy colours Jan. I like how the frame shows off several zones of the background. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Chantell ;-) I am becoming addicted to these Frames!

      Delete
  3. What an awesome Farewell card Jan! You have accessorised this sketch challenge perfectly with your choice of DSP. I have pinned the fun idea for future use! So pleased to have you join us as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paula! I'd love to see your version too :-)

      Delete
  4. They make a great pair Jan. I love the contrast between the bright DSP and the white panels, and how you tied them together with the slide frame. Thanks for playing along again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this card Jan and how your film panel focuses on the message of someone travelling and that is the reason you will be missing them. Look forward to having you join us as a Guest Designer soon. Thanks for playing with our sketch at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fun card! Love the bright colours and the little plane inside the frame! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, Jan; you're right - those papers pair beautifully with the framelits. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. We look forward to having you fill the Guest Designer spot later in the month. :)

    ReplyDelete