Sunday 11 May 2014

Butterflies for Can You Case It

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers today! I hope you are having a wonderful day being spoilt by old and young :-) So special to be able to celebrate with your Mum and thank her for all that she does and has done!
And I also have a card for you today for Can You Case It's challenge this week to make a Single Layer card.


Whilst I am loving the"clean and simple"style these days I usually still like to add a layer or two of colour so this was a good challenge for me :-)




So I couldn't help myself  - the butterfly is stamped twice and popped up but it still fits the brief of a single Card Layer :-)

The card base is of course white and I started by first embossing a butterfly on this base with Gold Embossing Powder and colouring it in Strawberry Slush ink with a Blender pen. Then I repeated that on a scrap piece of White to add on a dimensional.
And Gorgeous Grunge came to the rescue for the background again! I stamped the lines images in Sahara Sand and the Dots in Coastal Cabana ink creating a little ink frame :-)

For the Greeting I used "A Dozen Thoughts" in Strawberry Slush and then it was time to add the second butterfly and some embellishments…

I started with the largest of the Vintage Faceted buttons in the corner of the 'frame" and added a White Bakers Twine bow to it and then added a couple of sequins from the Sequin Trim and trimmed down a little Gold Foil chevron to help the little greeting stand out and blend in with the gold embossing on the butterfly :-)




Card stock: Whisper White, Gold Foil Specialty
Inks: Sahara Sand, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Versamark
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Gorgeous Grunge, A Dozen thoughts
Accessories: Gold EP, Blender Pens, Vintage Faceted designer button, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Gold Sequin Trim, Chevron Punch

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have time to pop over to Can You Case It and see the cards the talented Design Team has come up with this week and maybe you too might be inspired to join in too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan












4 comments:

  1. Great job on the single layer challenge card! Thanks for playing with us over at www.CanYouCaseIt.com! We hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! Certainly hope to be back next week :-)

      Delete
  2. Jan... WOW!!! Its gorgeous!I totally love what you did with the butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at CanYouCaseIt.com

    ReplyDelete