Saturday 17 May 2014

Water coloured background

Hello everyone I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday? Mine has been a little busier than I'd planned but it's now time to relax! We have had almost a week of unseasonably warm weather and I must say I've loved it :-) Temperatures in the early 20's (Centigrade) and sunny days towards the end of Autumn are just wonderful for both humans and their veggie gardens LOL!
For todays' card I decided to try something new. During the week I enrolled for a week of classes - videos you can take at your own pace etc. and NOT a marked class :-) So do check them out. Seeing as I purchased the Tutorial and the teachers went to a lot of trouble, I won't be sharing details on the techniques - you can find more information by following the button link.

So I decided to try a technique by Jennifer Rzasa to create a soft wash background. Then I had to come up with the rest of the card while not taking away from the background  - not always as easy as you think! THIS is what took me the time  - I tried multiple images…before deciding on this:


And yes, I used ink to create the background - some Pool Party, and Pacific Point. For the Butterfly I stamped him first in Versamark and then Pacific Point ink before heat embossing. then I used the same wash technique to colour him before cutting out and layering over a Die cut Vellum butterfly. I also added a layer of Whisper White card under the Watercolour paper to help it lie flat and because I wanted to raise it on dimensionals
To colour the greeting I inked the stamp first in Pool Party and then rolled the edges of the stamp in the Pacific Point - its called the "Rock and Roll" technique and details can be found.here. Now as for card stock I actually used Island Indigo for the base and behind the tag - because I created the colour of the back ground and it is a bluey- green, the Indigo seemed the way to go!



Card stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Watercolour paper, Vellum
Inks: Pacific Point, Pool Party
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Sassy Salutations
Access: Paint brush, Big Shot, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Hand held hole punch ( NON- SU),  

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Jan! I am like that too. Can take forever to decide on a certain part of the card. But you did well. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Vicki, thanks so much! And thank goodness for butterflies :-)

      Delete