Monday 21 July 2014

Hawthorn Footy for the Paper Players

Good afternoon and welcome to Winter in Melbourne! The biggest sport here this time of year is Australian Rules Football - or Footy for short. And the Grand Final of the National competition is held each September so we are nearing the end of the Season and the games are becoming serious for some. I am not a fan myself….whilst I moved to Australia from New Zealand many years ago I have never really got into it…still preferring Rugby Union and the mighty All Blacks :-)

But I do have plenty of friends who are and this card is for one of them - a Hawthorn fan he is :-)
And this card also fits the brief for this week's fun challenge at the Paper Players!


Such a great challenge and their Design Team have come up with great samples to inspire you so I do hope you can go and check them out.

Here is my card:


The wonderful Work of Art stamp is used to create the stripes that are seen on the Footy Jerseys - not great colours to wear I reckon but hey, I didn't choose them LOL!! ( and I have to admit, these look mighty like the real colours...)

I've used my Oval punch to create the ball and stepped it up with some faux stitching using a marker. And I decided to colour the Basic Rhinestones on the stars - with my new Skin toned Blendabilities markers - who would of thought, brown rhinestones!!

Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey, Whisper White
Inks: Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip, Skin Tone Assortment Blendabilites markers, Black Stampin Write marker
Stamps: Work of Art, Sassy Salutations
Accessories: Oval Punch, Small star punch (retired) Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today  - and I promise the next card will have not one sign of footy or sport about it LOL :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours for a Hawthorn supporter, Jan. Lovely card -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katerina! Oh you too? You surprise me - again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid masculine birthday card! I love your creative approach to the monochromatic challenge. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a great idea for a sports card! How fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! You've done a wonderful job of lining up those stripes, too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea for this stamp set--love it and I'm sure your friend will too. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete