Wednesday 30 July 2014

Hello Bloom

Welcome everyone to Winter in Melbourne :-) Actually today is a balmy 20 degrees! I don't quite know what happened to Winter - perhaps it has decided its time to move on? There will be no complaints from me if that is the case :-) Bring on Spring any day!!
And its also time for another sketch from The Paper Craft Crew. If it seems a long time between posts - you are right! An extra week was allowed for with the Convention in the US during the first week so I hope this finds you itching to go :-)

So without any further delay, here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


And no, its not a square card - I wanted to use a standard envelope and so it was a good opportunity to see how well this sketch would suit a standard card size. So what do you think? I think it works well :-)

For the colours inspiration I used this pretty page from the Moonlight DSP stack - perfectly sized for cards too :-) The card base is Pool Party and I coloured the flower from the Hostess Bloom With Hope with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and the Daffodil Delight ones for the butterfly. These pens are so fun to use and I found if you follow the Artist's lines on the stamped image it is quite quick and easy too - not that I am a colouring expert by any means, having only started colouring in the last few weeks!! - So what  I mean is, if I can make this look ok, anyone can :-)


Card stock:Pool Party, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Moonlight DSP Stack
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight Blendabilitiies Markers
Stamps: Bloom with Hope (Hostess), Papillon Potpourri, Four You
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Framelits, 7/8" Scallop Punch (under butterfly), Banner Punch, Dimensionals, Blue Sequins (Non SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have time to check out all the great cards from our Design Team this week at The Paper Craft Crew this week and I look forward to seeing what you create with this sketch too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



1 comment:

  1. Love the colour, Dsp the flower you selected!! Gorgeous card Jan!!! The recipient of this card will be very happy indeed. - Katerina

    ReplyDelete