Wednesday 20 May 2015

Paper Craft Crew #146 and an 80th Birthday

On Monday I had the great honour of being invited out for dinner to celebrate a lovely friend's 80th birthday. I haven't come to know and respect this lovely lady over the last six months and so it was a great honour to be among the seemingly small number invited. It was a lovely and relaxed evening and it turned out that the one couple on the table I hadn't met before was also from New Zealand originally and funnily enough we had friends in common! Some of my Aussie friends just laughed at this - like New Zealand is that small!! (well, about the same population as Melbourne!) but it did make the night for us both - an unexpected joy :-)

And of course, a special birthday needed a special card, so I used this week's sketch at The Paper Craft Crew. The Team have created a great collection of cards to inspire you this week so I do hope you have a moment to pop over and check them out.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card :-)


To fit in the silver 80 I needed to move the vertical panel to a straight position and it seemed the perfect occasion to use the Painted Blooms DSP too :-) And the banner ends were made with a fabulous new punch in the upcoming Stampin Up! new Catalogue that is due on June 2 called the Triple Banner punch - able to punch three different sizes of banners and one I can see I will use often :-)



Card stock: Pacific Point, Rose Red, Silver Foil Specialty
Designer Series Paper: Painted Blooms
Inks: Pacific Point
Stamps: Four You, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterfly thinlits, Timeless Type Alphabet (Retired), White Organza Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Triple Banner Punch.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment and visit the Paper Craft Crew and see the fabulous cards the Team have to inspire you this week and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this sketch this week.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan





2 comments:

  1. Love the silver butterfly Jan! Looks amazing! The layers of the glimmer paper and the silver foil are just stunning! I'm sure the recipient loved your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jan. The selection of dsp and the red circle complementing each other & the butterfly makes this card WOW! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete