Wednesday 13 May 2015

Tangerine Flower Patch

Today is indeed Winter (and not Autumn!) - we have a forecast of 12 degrees Celsius, rain, thunderstorms and hail and it is apparently snowing on the nearby Dandenong ( pronounced "dandy-nong") Mountains - so am really  glad  that I don't actually need to go out today except to take Sally the Lab for a walk. And yes, we've been out -just - because between the downpours there is the odd  short "moment" of blue sky and sun so Sal had a whole 10 mins at the Park lol! Not quite her usual 2.4km morning walk but it IS only 8 degrees as I type and the central heating was calling both of us :-)

And being Wednesday, it is also time for a new sketch at The Paper Craft Crew! I hope you have a moment to pop on over and see what the Team have made to inspire you this week. 
Here is the sketch:


And here is my card - I kept pretty close to the sketch but be prepared - it is a little brighter than usual!



In retrospect, some Pear Pizzaz card might have made a softer base card - and I might still try that - but in the meantime the Tangerine Tango is quite bright and cheerful on a cold winter's day don't you think?! I started from the bright piece of DSP which is not my usual comfort zone so thought I'd give myself and extra challenge :-)


Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Birthday Bash
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzaz
Stamps: Flower Patch
Accessories: Big Shot, Flower Fair Framelits, Banner Framelits, Linen Thread and Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a moment to pop by The Paper Craft Crew and see what the rest of the Team has made to inspire you this week.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, Jan. The flower makes such wow statement!-katerina

    ReplyDelete