Wednesday 12 July 2017

Kylie's International Blog Highlight July 2017



Hello, happy Wednesday to you and welcome! This is my first time playing along as part of Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights with lovers of Stampin Up from all around the world. This month the theme is Gratitude inspired by Thailand. You can see the gallery on Kylie's blog here and if you feel inclined you can vote for me - the top 10 winners get to take part in a Blog Hop so it is another opportunity for fun and inspiration :-)


I believe that Kylie and many other Stampin Up Demo's will be in Thailand this week as part of Stampin Up's celebratory Incentive Trip . As a Hobby Demo, that's something that I can only dream of but I did find lots of lovely Thai inspiration on Pinterest :-) I wonder if Kylie and co will get to walk under these beautiful umbrellas in Chiang Mai?


Yes, these colours were my starting point :-) Instead of actually using umbrellas, I chose the Lovely Inside and Out bundle as these circular images remind me a little of fireworks and lights and therefore would also fit well for Thailand's Festival of Floating Lanterns :-)


 It may be easier it see in the photo above that I created a peek through window to the inside. I used Ovals to cut the pieces - including the inked background which is then added along with the "Thanks" to the inside of the card. The space also allows the die cut sentiment to be seen amongst all the colour  - and adding a white version to the inside of the front of the card makes sure that everything stays neat and tidy :-)


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Kylie's Blog and check out the fabulous gallery and vote for all of your favourites :-)



Card Stock: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Foil
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Pool Party, Berry Burst, Powder Pink, Perfect Peach. Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Stamps: Lovely Inside and Out
Accessories: Big Shot, Lovely Words Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Gold EP, Metallic Enamel Shapes

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

5 comments:

  1. Love all your bright colours Jan this stamp had not really appealed to me but after seeing this card I think I need to add it to my want list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful array of colours Jan. A lovely card. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I loved this one immediately I saw it. The colours are just perfect! It is a celebration card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, the colours and design idea are fantastic, love the window and friends in gold too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jan - love your colours! Yes great minds!!! Angela xx

    ReplyDelete