Friday 19 January 2018

Just Add Ink Blog Hop



Happy 2018 and welcome back! After a few weeks off from challenge duties it is so exciting to be getting back into routine. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and a very happy start to the year and are ready to enjoy some crafting time!


To help inspire you for the first challenge of the year, our talented design team have a very special Blog Hop for you!! You may have just arrived from my lovely friend Patrice Easton and her gorgeous project. But if not, you can click the Next button below and hop around and see all the fabulous creations the team has for you. Clicking on the Blog Hop or JAI banner will take you back to the main challenge blog too. So its a good time to grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy hopping!!


Can you guess what my "something new" is? No, it's not the stamp set actually, it's BRUSHO  - and yes, the stamp and die set here happen to be new too :-) 
I started by stamping in Archival Black and then clear embossing the flower image onto Shimmery White card stock - this is also new to me - and then sprinkled a mixture of Gamboge, Red and Yellow Brusho before adding a little starch spray and moving the colour around with cling wrap. When it was dry, the "celebrate" was die cut from the panel and whilst I had intended to add it back in for the Eclipse Technique on top of the layers of white,  the white version looked pretty good :-)



Also featuring Brusho is this Sympathy card using the Rose Wonder stamp set.


To create the leaves I sprinkled a mixture of Prussian Blue and Yellow Brusho and mixed them with an Aqua Painter. A copper foil overlay gives this the slightly masculine feel it needed for the intended recipient :-)




Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing what "something new" you will choose to use for the first Just Add Ink challenge of the year.  Next you are off to see the lovely Tina Gillespie and her fabulous project that I am sure you will enjoy!


Card stock: Whisper White (thick and standard),  Shimmery White, Basic black,Copper Foil, 
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark, Black Archival
Stamps: Rose Wonder, Amazing You (Saleabration item)
Accessories: Big Shot, Rose Garden thinlits, Celebrate Thinlits (Saleabration item), Brusho - Prussian Blue &Yellow, Red, Gamboge, Aqua Painter, Metallic Sequins Assortment, Silver Faceted Gems
Non SU: Watercolor paper (TH), Frosted Sequins (SSS)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

15 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those Brusho's Jan?? Played with them for the first time this week and can see the endless possibilities. Every project unique. I love the vibrancy of your projects. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be only one who hasn't bought Brushos yet! Love the cards you have created with them Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jan, both cards are super stunning! Have not had a chance to play with Brusho yet but it’s high on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh so pretty Jan! I love how you have used Brusho on these. So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not 1, but 2 gorgeous creations, Jan. I just LOVE your Brusho techniques too. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are fantastic! I haven't purchased Brusho yet, but I really NEED to now that I've seen your cards - especially that stunning rose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards. I've not been game to give Brushos a go yet but you may have just inspired me to add them to my next order

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rich colors Jan~gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've totally nailing Brushos Jan - two fabulous creations!!! I know we'll see more from those addictive little pots of magic! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mix of black & white with that fabulous brusho background & the layout is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, hit enter too soon. Your blue rose is stunning too, especially with the copper outline. Really must add that brusho to my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both gorgeous Jan! I love the vibrant background of your first and how perfectly you used it to highlight elements of the card, and the rose, what a fabulous use of brushos to get that lovely colour and texture of colour. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both absolutely stunning creations, Jan. I wasn't too keen on the brusho colours, but I love the combinations you have created - may have to add them to my next order!. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've nailed the Brushos for sure jan! A fab effect, so bright and cheery. Two beautiful cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Jan. Your cards are gorgeous! You are a whizz with brushos already (my first attempt was a big fat fail). x

    ReplyDelete