Friday 30 November 2018

Signs of Santa Getting Ready for JAI #436



Happy Friday everyone and welcome 😊It's almost Summer and already our garden is bearing fruit - and lots of it! Strawberries are ready, and there are signs that ripe cucumber and tomatoes are not far at all. All that is missing is the sun which has been strangely absent lately.

No automatic alt text available.
It's also time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink and this week we have a lovely clean and simple sketch from the equally lovely Narelle! Sketches are often a favourite challenge - so versatile and this one is no different. Either use it as is or flip it around and your major design decisions are made for you!! Our talented design team have so many fabulous samples for you so I hope that you can take a moment and pop on over and see all the inspiration they have made for you.


For my card I decided to flip the sketch to fit in these delightful elves!! These cheeky eyed fellows are too cute not to be the main focus!! As much as I usually prefer to stamp my own images and colour backgrounds myself, the fun images in this set of papers co -ordinate perfectly with the dies so are designed to be cut out and used as they are so what could be easier!! πŸ˜† All these images also contain flocking  - in the stripes layer, the presents the elves are carrying and also Santa and his pom pom so even the bling is even added for you - woo hoo!! So all I did was add some thicker card stock behind the papers to give them the strength needed to be popped up.


As I don't yet have the Layering Oval Framelits, I used the same Stitched Oval Framelit for the sentiment and it's backing layer - I just fussy cut the white layer around the stitching to create a suitably smaller oval. Yes, the only stamping required here was for the sentiment - so unusual for a card by me but so quick and easy and just as festive for this busy time of year πŸ˜€



Card Stock: Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Silver Glimmer, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Santas Workshop Specialty
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Signs of Santa
Accessories: Big Shot, Santas Signpost Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for popping by today and I hope that you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see the fabulous variety of cards by our design team and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this fabulous clean and simple sketch too.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment