Friday 10 May 2019

Wedding Cake for JAI# 456



Happy Friday folks and welcome back! It's a chilly, grey old day here in Melbourne. Perfect thought for anyone needing an excuse to stay inside and get creative. 😊

Image may contain: text

It's time for our new challenge at Just Add Ink and this fabulous white and pretty Inspiration Photo was suggested by Nikki for us to use in our projects this week. Perfect for Weddings or whatever white or floral project you have to do. The design team have all created such amazing cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a peek and we'd love you to join us.


So I was inspired by the round shape of the flowers and the gold and white colour palette. I actually had in mind a huge layered wedding cake with this image at the top. But I couldn't quite find circles big enough...so I went with smaller ones lol. In the end there is quite a few stamps and dies used here which kinda shows how many different versions of this card I tried! Mostly, it's about creating an idea I have in mind but sometimes the process itself is what produces the card even after all these years.


White on white seems to be a current design trend and I decided to add the gold from the Photo flower centres and layers of texture to complete this wedding card. 


Card stock: Whisper White (thick and standard), Gold Foil and Glimmer
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Painted Glass
Accessories: Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Stitched shapes and Layering Circles Framelits,  Well Written Framelits, Wonderful Floral Framelits, Gold EP,  Tufted EF, White Organza Ribbon, Gold Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the gorgeous inspiration from the team and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this pretty Photo Inspiration pic too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment