Friday 8 May 2020

#JAI 504 Dressed To Impress in Pyjamas



 Happy Friday everyone and welcome! It is mid Autumn here in Australasia and whilst the trees are as colourful as ever and the weather variable that is about all that is going ahead as expected for this time of year. There have been some good things come out of this and appreciating the little things such as a handmade card or a day full of sunshine are amongst them.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Join the challenge! Just Add Ink just-add-ink.blogspot.com just- RocoCo Rose Smoky Slate Basic Gray Colour Challenge #504'

It's time for a new Challenge week at Just Add Ink and so we have this pretty and feminine Colour Challenge from Tina to spark your crafting interest.  It's just in time for Mother's Day here in Australia and New Zealand, too!
 Our lovely design team have created a gorgeous array of creations to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a peek as we'd love you to join in the challenge with us!


This week I decided to play a little more with the fab elements of the Dressed to Impress stamp set as the perfume bottle and shoes in that set caught my eye early on....but the shoes didn't quite make it to this card. I currently have a "pop up " craft space as I'm not at home and to my horror found I was missing Basic Grey and Rococo Rose card stock and the latter ink pad too so I improvised! You can do the same if you don't have the exact colours, just use the closest that you have.


I did have Blendabilities Pens in both of these colours so for the Perfume bottle I mimicked the stamp image and scribbled over the bottle. To create the Basic Grey circle, I coloured over the top of the lighter Smoky Slate card. In real life you can hardly tell it isn't factory made but the camera is a little less forgiving.


The sentiment is from the current Share Sunshine PDF which is part of Stampin Up's Covid 19 Giveback download. I simply coloured over it with a Blend and voila, an individualised version!


Thanks for popping by today and I look forward to seeing how you used these pretty colours in the Just Add Ink gallery this week.

Card stock: Whisper White (Thick and Standard), Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride Glimmer
Inks: Smoky Slate, Momento Tuxedo Black.
Blends: Rococo Rose, Smoky Slate, Light Basic Black 
Stamps: Dressed to Impress, Share Sunshine
Accessories: Die cutting machine, Stiched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, White Crinkled Seam Binding, Metallic Sequins (retired)

Til next time,
Jan





No comments:

Post a Comment