Friday 9 April 2021

Just Add Ink #549 Choose Blooms

 


Hello and welcome!! Last weekend was the end of Daylight Savings here in Victoria and a sure sign that Summer is over. Except that the last few days we've still managed to have some 30 degree days!! That's pretty amazing for the second month of Autumn!! The sunshine has also been great for the garden.😊


Also great is this week's challenge at Just Add Ink! Kelly has given us Feathers, Leaves and Petals to Choose Two from to use as the focus of our projects. Our design team have created a lovely array of cards to inspire you so I hope that you can take a moment to pop on over and take a peek. We'd love you to join us!


So it is rather obvious that I chose Petals and Leaves!! The Bloom and Grow bundle is retiring and it is one of my favourites for colouring. Get it quickly before it is gone. 


Here, I've coloured with Watercolour Pencils on Whisper White card and then a touch with the tip of an aquapainter (Water brush) brightens the colour. Then I went back in to add more colour with the pencils whilst the card was still damp. I find this method allows me to add more depth and shading. For the petals, I used Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry and for the leaves, a mixture of Old Olive and Bermuda Bay. You could easily use water colour paper for this but I was happy to use only a little water so WW card worked well.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can pop on over to Just Add Ink and  I look forward to seeing which of the fabulous Two elements you choose to create with this week.

Card stock: Whisper White (thick and standard), Gold Foil, Berry Burst (retired), Just Jade
Inks: Versamark, Watercolour Pencils: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay
Stamps: Bloom and Grow, Well Worded - both sets retiring 😢
Accessories: Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Well Written Dies (retiring), Ornate Frames dies, Budding Blooms Dies, White EP

'Til next time,

Jan











2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jan - I love the layering detail on your card and bold colours against the white, with just a touch of gold for extra glamour. I will miss this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful stamp set Jan and I know you'll miss using it. I love the colours you chose with that flash of gold, and the layering in a restricted area which keeps the card lovely and clean. Enjoy those warm autumn days! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete