Sunday 31 August 2014

First play with Trees

Good evening! I hope your weekend has started well. I had a good morning and even better afternoon and evening :-) During the morning I took Sally for a walk and also went to do some postal errands. This afternoon I got to make a card with a new set - Festival of Trees ! It comes as part of a bundle with a punch. so many little trees it is a lovely set. I wanted to make a shaker card - all those snow globes I have seen recently in the $2 Shop have inspired me :-) LOL! Just kidding - but I do love a good Shaker card and the new Confetti stars punch makes it so easy :-)

So here is the card:


For the card base I used some Pear Pizazz.  Next I cut the circle from the card using the wonderful Circle Framelits and embossed the rest of the front piece with the On Point EF. I stamped the trees ( including masking) onto the cut out circle from the front. The front Frame is cut from Silver Glimmer paper and is placed over some acetate sheet also cut with the handy circles :-)
To create the shaken snow I used the fabulous confetti Stars punch on all my Silver Glimmer scraps of card I'd kept in the packet   - I knew I'd find a use for them one day :-)

 To hold the stars inside the window I used the Shaker Card adhesive rings. The circle here is bigger than the largest frame so I just cut into the largest  circle and removed the backing tape and then you can create whatever shape you need - here a larger circle - so I used two rings and joined them together  which is easily done. Then I tipped my confetti stars on top of the Trees before lining up the card front and finishing off by placing the Glimmer frame over the top.

Even the greeting is from the same stamp set - I am in love with it already, can't you tell? LOL!  And I  stamped this one and then used the Itty Bitty Banners Frameits to cut it out. I also cut a 1" Pear Pizzazz circle and decided to emboss that too with the On Point EF although its hard to see. And finally, to complete the silver theme - a little Silver Twine to wrap around the top and a little bow.

When I look at redoing this card I will make a coupe of changes - move the frame so it sits more forward than back…and stamp the second tree further back so it doesn't need so much masking :-) What do you think?



Card stock: Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Pear pizazz
Stamps: Festival of Trees
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, On Point EF, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, Window Sheet, Mulitpurpose Tombow Glue, Confetti Stars punch, 1" Circle Punch, Silver Twine

And this evening I made a little journey to visit my good friend Katerina - so lovely to see her and the family and have a quackish catch up :-) We could've talked for many more hours I am sure but it had been a long day for both of us. It was so lovely to be able to see some of her Show and Tell - she is a very talented scrap booker! Always beautiful mixes of texture and colour :-) You can see a sample of her work here where she had decorated a gorgeous little paper bag to give me!




 Isn't it gorgeous!! And so is the inside -  a stamp set she managed to find on Ebay that I had been looking for - the retired  (Must Have for dog lovers!) D is for Dog! We have been waiting for this to come up for ages and finally it is here :-) So such a happy package it is! And just in time as will be needing to make a card to thank Sally's surgeon when she goes back for suture removal from her biopsy later this week. 
Here, the bag was plain to start with but Katerina has stamped it with the chevrons from the Work of Art in white . And while I don't recognise these beautiful papers that the banners were made from and  layered so beautifully. I do the butterflies - a retired SU punch and and the Beautiful Wings Dies :-) so beautiful together !!Such a special way to dress up such a wonderful package! Thank you so much Katerina!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jan. I am a new demo and just ordered the Festival of Trees set. Came across your card whilst searching for inspiration and just had to let you know how gorgeous it is! I will definitely try and have a go at making something similar, however not sure I will be able to manage the shaker element ... sounds a bit complicated for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly, thanks so much for your lovely comment :-) I am so glad you like the card enough to want to Case it. The shaker part is not as hard as it looks and I do reccomend the Shaker frames as they certainly make it easier! Again thanks for dropping by to let me know as this is what its all about for me - sharing hopefully to inspire others - so I am so glad it has happened :-) And i'd love to see your version too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vind het kaartje heel mooi , jammer dat ik niet alle Materialen heb om so iets zelf te maken .
    Groeten Maria Schmelzeisen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,
    love your shaker card so much! I've did it for my blog and made a link to yours — don't wonder about the "clicks" from Germany ;-)
    Have a great day and thanks for all your beautiful work,
    Indina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Indina, I am so glad you like the card and have Cased it - that is wonderful! And thank you so much for coming by to tell me - and I love your version!! It is so lovely that we share the same interests despite distance and language :-) Have a great day and thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Your Festival Of Trees card is the one I saw and it's inspiring me to try a shaker card with my set! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ, thanks so much for taking the time to come over from Pinterest and leave a comment - so much appreciated!! I hope you enjoy making a shaker with this set - I certainly did :-) And you have inspired me too - maybe it's time I started sharing on Pinterest myself?! Once I find out how lol :-) Thank you !!

      Delete