Friday 8 March 2024

JAI #692 Enjoy the Rhythm and Brusho

 



Happy Friyay everyone and welcome to...March and Autumn. And, if you're in Melbourne this coming weekend you will likely be looking for an escape from the heat so what better thing to do than hit the craft room and use our latest Just Add Ink challenge for inspiration!


This week at Just Add Ink challenges we have a very cook Sketch Challenge from the lovely Tina!
Sketch challenges are great as they provide the layout for your project and then you only need to find a stamp set and colours. Many of the design team also tweaked the sketch including by flipping it on it's side too. I hope you can pop over to the blog and be sinspired to join us!


For my card I was in need of a Teenage boy themed birthday so I started by clear embossing some musical notes (all part of the Enjoy The Rhythm set) onto some water colour paper. Then I sprinkled some Brusho on either side of it and gently sprayed with water. You have to be quite careful that the water doesn't move the crystals too much but they give such a bold intensity and you can always add more til you have the layers just right and achieve the texture that you want. I find having a paper towel on hand really helps too.



Then I added some layers across the centre: metallic silver, embossed musical notes and even some ribbon. 

The drumkit from the stamp set forms the focal image and then all that was needed was a rather Charming Sentiment. 😀


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope that you are able to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and that you'll join us in this challenge. I hope that you have as much fun as I did creating and I look forward to seeing your completed projects!

"Til next time,

Jan







No comments:

Post a Comment