Friday 24 September 2021

JAI #573 Pet Sympathy



Hello and welcome back! It has been a little while since I have posted due to a few personal things happening but happy to be back today with the lovely ladies at Just Add Ink.


This week we have a Clean and Simple sketch designed by....ME for everyone to use in your projects so I really hope that you like it! You can flip the sketch from side to side or from portrait to landscape as you can see from the fabulous array of projects that the design team have made to inspire you. I really hope that you can pop by the challenge blog and join us.


For my card this week, I created a pet sympathy card using a stamp set from my stash in memory of a beautiful Lab that I have known for almost 10 years. This beautiful yellow Labrador was the best friend of my previous dog and we walked daily together for most of her life. 
So there are some details in the card - such as the green sentiment tag that are very deliberately used. Her name was Tag. Named by the then child in the family because she wore a green tag when they met her. But she was also a sweet princess at heart and so this called for a touch of pink. 


This is where being able to make a card is indeed a privilege - so we are able to personalise the details for the people the card is intended for.  Even when your own heart also is full of emotion. 


Card stock: Majenta Madness, Whisper White, Soft Succulent
Designer Series Paper: In Good Taste
Inks: So Saffron, Soft Succulent plus Basic Grey Watercolor Pencil
Accessories: Square and Rectangle Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Enamel Shapes (retired)
(Non SU: Fill My Heart stamp set by Whimsy Stamps)

Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful projects that you create for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink.

'Til next time,

Jan







 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely card, and so beautifully personalised. It's sad that you need to make it, but I'm sure it will bring comfort to Tag's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet sympathy card Jan and so perfect for this weeks sketch! -Ann xx

    ReplyDelete