Sunday 16 February 2014

First Christmas Card for 2014

At the end of last year with the Christmas card rush like many I decided that next (now this) year I'd try and make a Christmas card a week…..and yes I know its February already but here we are at last with one :-)
I saw the challenge over at Merry Monday to add an animal

 and my first thought was a Dasher Reindeer….but in the end went for a different look :-)


The Dove and greeting are both from the Calm Christmas stamp set that was available in the Seasonal Catalogue. I love the Dove but it is a bit tricky to cut out. Here he is layered onto some Silver Glimmer paper and his eye is a Basic rhinestone.

Card stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Island Indigo, Old Olive (marker)
Stamps: Calm Christmas
Accessories: Big Shot, Oval Framelits, Print Poetry EF,  Silver Ribbon, Frosted Finishes embellsihment, Basic Rhinestone, Dimensionals

This is the first time I've made a Christmas card outside the usual time frame of Oct- Dec and it does present some extra challenges I found - especially with no current Christmas DSP or stamps available but I am sure we will get used to that as the year goes on :-)

Happy Stamping until next time,

Jan

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jan. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday and making your 1st card for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Susan :-) so glad you have the challenges to inspire

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, Jan! Love the blues. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday!
    I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristie! And thank you:-)

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous! I love anything blue, AND silver....and you've got both!!! You did a great job cutting out that dove, too! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LeAnne! I'll try and remember that :-)

      Delete
  4. Your dove is beautiful, Jan! Wonderful layout too! So glad you decided to join the movement to get those Christmas cards done early and joined us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Bonnie! So glad you have the challenges too!

      Delete
  5. Love what you've done with this stamp set Jan. This was a favorite of my customers last Christmas! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie :-) yes, it was top of my shopping list too :-)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card, Jan! I love that you used patterned paper to create your dove! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Margaret :-) it's actually the stamp tho not paper. It does look like it though doesn't it!

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful Christmas card...so calm and peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and elegant card Jan!! Love the colours and all the bling. Very festive card! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete