Thursday 6 February 2014

Oh Happy Day..

Well I must say it has been a busy and strange week for me. I had intended to enjoy making some cards and entering a few Challenges…but all hope of that faded when on Friday the Air Con died - just at the start of a 4 day heat wave - and threw normal life out the window! Amazingly I was able to rent an apartment for a few days at short notice until the replacement machine went in on Tuesday. And spent Sunday with a good friend crafting….so hopefully this week will be more normal!!

In the meantime, its already time for a new sketch at The Paper Craft Crew and a lovely one it is too! Do go and have a look at the wonderful cards the Design Team have made and hopefully you will be inspired to join in this week too!
My card was created during the stay in the Apartment where they had a little table…so I took my newly arrived order still in its big box to have a play…..so some limitations in supplies did exist :-)
The base of the card is Tangerine Tango to go with the orange in the DSP. The next layer is the wonderful Hardwood stamped in Smoky slate - doesn't it make you just want to touch it? I love this stamp :-)
For the Banners I used some Soft Sky card stock embossed with the Chevron EF and the gorgeous Sweet Sorbet DSP available as part of Saleabration.
The strip of Tangerine Tango is actually embossed with the Stripes EF and cut with the Adorning Accent framelits…but I know thats hard to see.
The main sentiment is from one of my favourite sets in the Occasions Catalogue - Starburst Sayings which comes with co-ordinating Framelits. I love that a Happy Day can be so versatile, from birthday to Wedding to encouraging….just fabulous!!
And the three little banners at the side are also Freebies as part of Saleabration (just love that :-) ) the Banner Blast stamp set and co-ordinating punch. And yes, I LOVE co-ordinating products!! The more that can be cut out without needing a pair of scissors the better I say :-)

Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Sorbet
Ink: Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes EF, Chevron EF, Starburst Framelits,Adorning Accents Framelits Banner punch, Silver Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

I do hope you feel inspired to come and check out The Paper Craft Crew and join in the fun - I can't wait to see what you create!

And in the meantime….here are some photos of the doggie best friends - my girl Sally and her big white friend  Monty. Its hot here today (again!) in Melbourne, Australia and so they are playing in the shade a bit. But I think you can see that they are still having fun….

A little cuddle for starters...

Followed by a little kiss and nibble of chin...

Oh someone's happy and relaxed!

And happily tired out, thanks Mum!

Happy stamping until next time.

Jan








No comments:

Post a Comment