Sunday 27 December 2015

Merry Christmas to You

Good morning and a very merry Christmas to you! I hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas and that you are now able to relax a little for Boxing Day (or beyond that as it is here in Australia :-0 ) Here in Melbourne we had a hot Christmas - both Christmas Eve and Day were around 35 degrees and the relief of the cool change came through overnight with some much needed rain and we are still enjoying the cooler temperature :-)

This last design of card is on it's way (or hopefully arrived) to some special friends this year :-)

My Christmas was quite busy - up early Christmas Eve to do some food shopping (like many of you!) and it was good to beat the rush :-) Then lots of phone calls and some Skype with family and headed to the Church for 10:45pm where I was leading a choir to sing at Midnight Mass and Carols beforehand….it was a little tricky to hear the piano beside me over the industrial size fans (as it was about 30 degrees inside still) but I was told it was "amazing" - which is not something we've been before really :-)  We only started in time for last Christmas and with singing throughout the year we have improved some :-) It's not a formal choir - a lot more relaxed as we are just ordinary people, all of us - we sing a mix of new and old hoping that that others can join in and there were certainly a number of "new" in the pre Mass Carols this year - which was  lovely to be able to do :-)

Later versions had a red base and a different greeting :-)

Christmas Day was another early morning with some food prep and quick walk for Sally before we both headed over to see our very good friend Katerina and her lovely family who have so generously hosted us for Christmas for several years now. Sally spent a good amount of time smooching them all (before the Christmas Crackers sent her into hiding for a while!) and the decision was made - they have been too long without a "Sally" of their own!! Fantastic news my friends :-)


I have a couple more different cards to make and my Pear Pizazz ink pad needed refilling - and being a little rushed and tired I reached for the bottle and filled it up only to find as I stamped that I had added Wild Wasabi instead!!! Oh no!! But I have a solution in case you might make the same mistake - the ink washes out in water! So I put on some gloves and washed the ink pad under the tap till it was all clean.

And then put my glasses on before refilling with the right ink :-) All fixed - phew!!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this beautiful card, Jan. So many lovely details & I felt very lucky receiving it.
    Thanks too for sharing how you fixed your pad emergency. Great tips which I hope I'll never need but suspect may be needed.
    happy new year, lovely.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely, Jan! You make those framelits stand out & look awesome! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete