Friday 16 September 2016

Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop! This is my first time joining these talented and lovely ladies in their monthly hop and I am very honoured and excited to be doing so! In case we are new to you, our hops work on a circle basis so if you've started with me, just keep following the links until you wind up back here again.  So it's time to grab a cuppa and sit back and prepare to enjoy as you hop along to see the projects that all 9 of us have for you and we hope that you are inspired as we show you our Favourites from the Holiday Catalogue (or" Catalog" the spelling depending on where in the world you live :-) )


So a big warm Australian Spring welcome to you if you've just come from the talented Heidi Weaver - I just love her beautiful projects this month and I'm sure you do too!

 


For my three projects I've gone with a theme....beautiful Copper Foil! My usual style I would describe as Clean and layered with bling. I love a little dimension and sparkle :-) So todays' projects start very clean and become more layered as they progress so I hope you enjoy them.


This first card is very CAS - allowing the pretty copper star to shine. I've overlaid the star with a delicate vellum die cut from the matching Framelits. The sentiment is from a Christmas Carol (We Three Kings) so it was irresistible to the singer in me:-)


Card Stock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Copper Foil, Vellum
Ink: Versamark, Smoky Slate
Stamps: Star of Light
Accessories: Big Shot, Starlight Thinlights, Copper EP,  Metallic Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals.


The second card has a little more layers and colour in amongst the copper details and uses the fabulous new Christmas Pines bundle - right down to the Mini Copper Pinecones! How gorgeous are they!! I stamped just one spray of pines and overlaid die cut branches and pinecones.


Card stock: Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Copper Foil, Soft Suede, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Christmas Pines
Accessories: Big Shot, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Mini Pinecones, Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine (Red and White), Brights Enamel Shapes, Snail, Dimensionals, Glue Dots


For my third project I stepped it up a little and created a Gift Bag and Tag. The gift bag is created using DSP from the lovely Presents and Pinecones pack and the Gift Bag Punch Board. There is a great tutorial showing how to create the bags from Stampin Up that you can see here. Mine is a medium bag - using an 11"x 9" piece of DSP to start - and I created a flap to cover the top which is held in place by the copper band that the Tag is attached to.



For the Tag I couldn't help making a shaker ornament using the Merriest Wishes Bundle and Mica Flakes for snow. ( Shaker cards are my favourite in case you were wondering :-) )I die cut two of the pretty ornaments - one white, and one in copper and then used simple Circle Framelits (or you could use a punch) to cut the white version shorter so it fits within the copper circle. I also cut the Foam Adhesive strips in half longwise so they wouldn't be so easily seen as the outer circle width is thinner than the strips. Then it was a case of adding a back and a copper strip edge to enclose it all and suspending it on the tag itself. Such fun!!


Card stock: Whisper White, Emerald Envy, Copper Foil, Window Sheet
Designer Series Paper: Presents and Pinecones
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Merriest Wishes
Accessories: Big Shot: Merry Tag Framelits, Triple Banner Punch, Bakers Twine Trio Pack (Gold), White Organza Ribbon, Copper EP, Regals Enamel Shapes ( Cherry Cobbler), Mica Flakes (white), Dimensionals, Foam Adhesive Strips, Fast Fuse, Snail, Gift Bag Punch Board.

Thanks for stopping by today and now you are off to visit the lovely Marsha Reed and her gorgeous projects or you can head back and see the loveliness that Heidi Weaver has created for you - either way you won't be disappointed!
If you happen to get lost along the way, just click on  the "Home" button which will take you to the Wacky Watercooler Blog Homepage and a full list of all the participants :-) 



Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

17 comments:

  1. So glad you joined the hop Jan and hope you join us again. I really like all the copper you used.

    The Star of Light card is wonderful and I like the vellum detail you added, and of course the bling. I just got the Christmas Pines bundle so I will be CASing your fabulous card you made with the set. Also, I love the shaker ornament! Thanks again for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie, a pleasure to join you! Please Case away - I'd love to see your version :-)

      Delete
  2. Love all your projects! My favorite is the Noel card. Clean and simple. Just my style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you join us for the hop Jan. What beautiful projects you've created! I absolutely love your shaker ornament on the gift bag. That set is on my wish list too. I also like the way you stepped up each one of your projects. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny! The tags are so fun to play with, I'm sure you'll enjoy them :-)

      Delete
  4. Well, Jan, you've really blown me away with your wonderful projects. As you mentioned, each one is a bit more detailed and layered but "wow", each one is wonderful on its own. I love that detailed vellum overlay. That's going into my "must CASE" file. Your pine branches and cones card---lovely. I especially like that you've used different greens for your stamping and your die-cuts because that's what makes evergreens so naturally beautiful, their wide range of greens. Your Gift Bag---awesome. There is not one thing I would change about it. And adding the shaker tag---perfect. Love the copper detailing that is a common thread throughout the projects. Beautifully done. I'm so very glad you've joined our blog hop this month and shared your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the invitation to join you, Heidi and your encouraging comments. It was a lot of fun to join in the fun and get started on the Christmas projects too. The copper is gorgeous isn't it and I hope it stays :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Love your projects, Jan and just in time for ideas for the Christmas period.Always inspiring!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Katerina! Thank you so much for popping by and your lovely comment my friend xx

      Delete
  6. I love the way these projects all look so good together - they are so elegant. I love the Merry Tags - one of my favourites out of this year's catalogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Fiona :-) The Merry tags are so fun to play with.

      Delete
  7. Jan,
    Your projects are beautiful. I love each of them and hope to case them especially that shaker tag. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine! Case away, I'd love to see your take on them so do pop back and send me a link if you remember :-)

      Delete
  8. Stunning projects for your first appearance at the Watercooler! Love all the different ways you have used the beautiful copper. Lots of inspiration, as always. And that little shaker tags.... love it an will CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Louise! I did think of you when adding "Noel" too :-) First idea I had was the shaker tag and just had to wait for the Mica Flakes - they are awesome to use too. xx

      Delete
  9. I'm so very glad you joined the "hop", Jan, your ideas are fabulous. I think I'll be CASEing your Christmas Pines card for my class next week--perfect for newer stampers but sophisticated for seasoned customers. I love it! But your shaker tag is the real "take-away" here. I have the set and love the tags, but never thought to make a shaker tag--the mica flakes are the perfect background for the reindeer and pine trees. Thanks SO much for the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete