Wednesday 12 February 2014

A Colour Challenge


Earlier in the week I ordered some new products including some inks that I have been meaning to get for sometime. Today, I decided I couldn't wait any longer for the Crisp Cantaloupe to arrive to attempt this gorgeous colour challenge at The Paper Players this week.

I knew I had some DSP and card and was searching through my oldest inks to see if anything might match and lo and behold the door bell rang! Yes, you guessed it! Australia Post with my delivery!! So a little happy dance we did :-)
So it didn't take long to unwrap the inks and make a start as I knew I wanted to make a Wedding card for a good friend getting married next month.


Of course the Twine came in the box today as well ( a lovely Freebie as part of Saleabration) so that "had" to be used too :-)
Underneath the Gold Vellum is some white card stock embossed with the Woodgrain EF although that detail is really hard to see.
I really love the Bundles in the new Occasions Catalogue - just makes it so easy to stamp and cut and look good! Although the flowers here are hand cut - no framelit for that one yet but maybe next year :-)

Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Designer Series Paper: Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum
Inks: Crisp Cantoloupe, Midnight Muse
Stamps: Starburst Sayings, Simple Stems
Accessories:Big Shot, Starburst Framelits,Woodgrain EF, Crisp Cantaloupe Twine*

*A FREE item available as part of Saleabration when you spend $90



Happy Stamping until next time,

Jan




5 comments:

  1. Jan, this is a beautiful card! I love those big bold flowers and the gold hearts peeking out are adorable. Great use of the colors--so glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nance :-) It was such fun to play along!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful timing for your goodies to arrive, and what a lovely wedding card for your friend, Jan! Great use of the colors and I love the vellum paper with the hearts. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jan! Those starbursts are stunning. They really look good and those lovely flowers. Great choice!!! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katerina, thank you so much! Yes, the starbursts are going to get a lot of use I think :-)

      Delete