Saturday 17 May 2014

More water colouring

Good evening everyone! What a lovely evening it is here in Melbourne - Mild temperatures and a gently snoring labrador to keep me company:-) Now I'd show you a photo but with legs in the air, sleeping on her back and lips ajar, slightly drooling….you get the picture - it wouldn't be very flattering!!! And yes, we are talking about a dog LOL!!
So today's card…yes, still a water colour theme but different inspiration. I saw a video by Dawn Olchefski and used this technique. Except for one rather major change - I used Watercolour paper instead of Glossy card stock. Why? Just to try it:-) And the main difference I think is that the watercolour paper absorbs ink whilst the Glossy repels it…so you need a lot more ink on the Watercolour paper.

Now I do think the idea was to have muted colours underneath the black but I couldn't resist the red - red and black…:-)
So to apply the ink I used my Aqua Painter. I started with the Crisp Cantaloupe and after a few stripes got my pattern sorted and then went back and added more colour till I had the depth I wanted. And then I repeated the process for the other two colours too.
Then I stamped the shoe image in jet Black Stazon - and the greeting too - on a separate piece of Watercolour paper. And before adding to the card, I layered the Watercolour paper onto a piece of Whisper White card so I could add it with some dimensionals. Then I used a black permanent marker to colour some Basic Rhinestones.


Card stock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper
Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, Real Red, Black Stazon ( Black permanent marker)
Stamps: Fabulous You
Accessories: Aqua painter, Crisp Cantaloupe Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Hexagon punch (for banner flag ends)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


2 comments:

  1. I think you get more depth of colour with the watercolour paper. I wouldn't be able to resist the red with black either Jan. Great card. You are probably at Convention now. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Vicki! No…I wish I was, but no am not at Convention :-)

      Delete