Monday 26 May 2014

Water Colour background 2

Good afternoon! Well it is official - this has been the warmest 13 days in May ever!! Wow!! And I must admit that 22 degrees Celsius in May is fine by me - more like Queensland weather than Melbourne but it is just so pleasant :-)

Today I have another card that is inspired by the Online Water Colour Class I took last week. You can find out more details about that here 


The technique to create the background involves ink and an Acrylic block and was shared by Laura Bassen. I won't go into detail about the background because it was part of the class content but I will show you how it morphed from a background to a finished card!


So here is the background - you can see I used a large Acrylc block and the pencil lines I used to line it up by. And to create the "Moon" I punched a 1" circle and used the negative of the circle to create a mask which I then coloured with a Versamark marker and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. 

Next I stamped the sailing ship image in Black Stazon ink and coloured the sails with a White Gel Pen. Then came the finishing details…


A touch of the rustic with the Burlap Ribbon and some twine and an Antique Brad :-)

Card stock: Island Indigo, Water colour paper, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Versamark
Stamps: The Open Sea, Four You
Accessories: Antique Brad, Navy Bakers Twine, Burlap Ribbon, Clear EP

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I hope that you too might be able to look into some water colouring - it seems to be the latest trend at the moment and the Class provides so many different techniques to make it easy for everyone - even me :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan






2 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, Jan!!! You seem to have developed an ability to create masculine cards while using current & in techniques like watercolour. - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Katerina! I do like trying to do more masculine cards lately:-)

    ReplyDelete