Wednesday 21 May 2014

Starbursts for the Paper Craft Crew

Good evening everyone! Well, what another beautiful Autumn day in Melbourne. Yes, that's right, I am not at Convention! And although I'd love to be there, it has worked out for the best as my best doggie friend, Sally is not very well and I wouldn't have been able to leave her to go anyway. She spent the day at the Lort Smith Animal Hospital yesterday and is wanting to stay very close to Mum today.
So like most Mums, I'm taking advantage of the fact that she is sleeping to share a card for the Paper Craft Crew! I hope you are able to check out all the fabulous cards the Design Team have made to inspire you this week. Here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it :


 I decided to make a standard sized (fits a C6 Envelope ) card and use one of my favourite stamp sets - Starburst Sayings. Now ideally I would've paired this with the World map background stamp….but as that's still on the Wish List I found this lovely (retired) DSP instead! It is from the Fan Fare pack and I was saving it for something special - such as this :-) The colours I took from the DSP - and I will miss both these retiring In Colours - esp Midnight Muse, which has been my "go to" navy colour the last two years! The World image is inked in both colours and then the "World" in green was cut out and added with dimensionals to the Midnight version.
The Chevron cork pieces are from the Saleabration Sweet Sorbet Accessories pack and so I cut the banner using Framelits from a Cork sheet too.
Both the arrows and heart are made from the gorgeous Silver Foil card stock. Cork and silver - just loving all the texture available! For the arrows I used the Label Card Thinlits and shortened both of them. And the heart is punched from the (retired) 3 heart punch.

Card stock: Gumball Green, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Designer Series paper: Fan Fair (retired)
Inks: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green
Stamps: Starburst Sayings
Accessories: Big Shot, Label Card Thinlits, Starburst Framelits, Banner Framelits, Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack, 3 Heart punch (retired), Silver Sequin (Non-SU)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I look forward to seeing what you create for the Challenge this week at the Paper Craft Crew :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card Jan!!! Especially the cork embellishments & the dsp. Everything compliments each other!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete