Wednesday 10 December 2014

Happy Birthday for The Paper Craft Crew

It's the silly season indeed - people doing silly things on the roads and especially in shopping centre car parks. Whilst I really love Christmas and  getting ready to celebrate with friends and family it almost  seems as though we are back in 1999 - remember how the world as we knew it was going to end at Y2K?? I'm glad I've done most of my shopping already - well, all the postal ones anyway!

And so today is Wednesday and time for another sketch from The Paper Craft Crew - so I thought I'd take a short break from Christmas cards as I have a couple of Uncles with birthdays coming up :-)

So here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


Such a fun sketch - especially for a male card I think :-)

The card base is some Basic Black topped with Island Indigo card and the World Map is first stamped and then sponged almost randomly to give some definition. It's been a long time since I did some sponging!!
The bottom half of the card is embossed with the Arrow EF and then I used some more of the map image (sponged ) for the inside of the postage stamp and the banner.  The Little Letter framelits make the Gold Foil HB to fit inside the postage stamp so easily (mounted on tiny pieces of dimensionals)  and the oval framelits create the central frame which has some more  dimensionals underneath to lift it like a real frame.

Card stock: Basic Back, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Ink: Island Indigo, Momento Tuxedo Black,
Stamps: World Map, Really Good Greetings
Accessories: Big Shot, Ovaland Little Letters Framelits, Arrow EF, Postage and 1" square and Hexagon punches, Black Satin Ribbon, Blue sequins (non SU)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a moment to check out all the great inspiration by the rest of the Team at The Paper Craft Crew and I look forward to seeing what you will make with this  fun sketch this week.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment