Friday 9 September 2016

Awesome Newsflash for JAI #328



Hello and happy Friday :-) This week a friend and I had the pleasure of a day trip to Castlemaine (in the country) to have a catch up with a mutual friend stationed there.  And whilst it was a beautiful day there was an obvious temperature difference and most of the trees were still bare - Spring had yet to arrive! Strange how an hour and a half's drive can make that much difference. The company and food was lovely though and we all had a delightful time :-)

JAI #328...Add P

We have a new challenge for you at Just Add Ink too. Tina has suggested a great letter challenge and it's sure to be popular! That's right it's... Just Add..."P". So we would love you to add anything beginning with "P" as the main focus of your projects this week. That could be polka dots or pussycats, pinks or pine cones or pandas... So I hope you can take a moment and pop on over to see what the rest of the design team have made to inspire you :-)


 I've gone with Photography and made a masculine card using the Pun Intended and Playful Backgrounds stamps along with a splash of Peekaboo Peach. For masculine cards I usually like to keep the design rather clean and white so this is stepping out of my comfort zone a little but then that is what is great about challenges - they help us grow as crafters :-)

The tone on tone bubble background seems to soften the otherwise rather bold colour combo...and with that idea in mind I've added some vellum under the camera and kept the embellsihments simple.


 Card stock: Basic Black, Dapper Denim, Peekaboo Peach, Vellum
Ink: Versamark, Dapper  Denim
Stamps: Pun Intended, Playful Backgrounds
Accessories: Big Shot, Sunburst Thinlits, Circle Framelits (retired), White EP, In Colour and Metallic Enamel Shapes.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and and see the fabulous creations our lovely team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will make starting with "P" this week too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


7 comments:

  1. Very cool Jan, I love the sunburst addition!..Lol...I had to pop over to see how your creation used "P"....I'm dragging behind today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bonnie, very cool card, Jan! I like how you made the "flash", what a fabulous design x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Bonnie and Sue for popping by :-) I used to make a lot of guy cards but not so much lately- have to get back into it - thanks for your encouragement! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jan, loving all your 'P' elements this week. Very cool to go the photography route....and the sentiment suits 'p'erfectly! It was definitely worth going out of your comfort zone, the colours look terrific. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much P :-) Such a fun challenge - and named after you too! xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jan, thanks for the comments on my card and I love your card.
    I just wondered did you know you are a no reply blogger, which means when you leave a comment on someones blog and they click to reply to that comment they are unaware unless they click on little arrow beside your name that their emails are going to 'no reply blogger' land. This is happening to a lot of people since Google plus came along. If you are interested there is a cure, the link is on the side on my blog - takes you to another blog where a wonderful lady explains what has happened and how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aileen, thanks so much. No, I haven't heard of a "no reply blogger" before but thanks for the info.

      Delete