Monday 2 January 2017

Sending Sunshine


Happy New Year to you! I hope that 2017 is a wonderful year for you and all your family!


This year I'd like to broaden my horizons a little bit craft wise with some new techniques and what better way to start than with a challenge?! Today, I've created for a new colour challenge called Colour Inkspirations that is for Stampin Up enthusiasts and can be found on Facebook here.

This week the challenge colours are Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron and Daffodil Delight. 



And here's my card:


The yellow made me think of warm sunshine and as that is what we were lacking here in Melbourne today, I decided to make some :-) For the background I used a "smooshing" technique, adding colour to a piece of Window Sheet (or acetate) and then spritzing it with water before "smooshing" the colour onto the watercolor paper. I love how this technique gives a completely different result every time you do it. Then, I flicked some Clear Wink of Stella over it all when it was dry for some subtle sparkle.
Tip: I find both, taping down the watercolor paper to a wooden board whilst it is wet and then when dry, adding a layer of Thick White card stock underneath helps keep the warping of the paper to a minimum :-)
The Dragonflies are added to each other with dimensionals to allow both colours to show through and I cut 3 of the sunshines and layered them on each other for more 3D effects.


Card stock: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White - thick and standard, Silver Glimmer, Vellum, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
Stamps: Sunshine Wishes
Accessories: Big Shot, Detailed Dragonfly thinlits, Sunshine Wishes thinlits, Stitched Circle Framelits, Metallic Sequins, Clear Wink of Stella, Window Sheet

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to try some new challenges and techniques in 2017 too.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment