Friday 2 August 2019

Cling Wrap Background for JAI #468



It's the first Friday in August and that means that it's only 4 weeks til Spring AND when the Holiday Catalogue goes live 😀 I'm sure the time will go much more quickly then we expect it to!!

Image may contain: text 

It's time for a new challenge week at Just Add Ink and this week we have one of Tina's popular letter challenges. This time it is to Add the letter "C " to our projects. It could be a stamp set beginning with C, a colour or theme - to be the main focus of your project. Once again, our design team have created a fabulous variety of C focused projects to inspire you so we'd love you to pop on over and join us!


For my card this week I decided to try something new to me - the Cling wrap background technique. Yes, my theme is Christmas and I've also added a Copper Foil sentiment and Curvy layer for good measure 😊
Here, I used a combination of Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel and Pretty Peacock ink pads on the cling wrap before spritzing with water and adding the paper. I found it helped to literally wrap around the back of the water colour paper and then turn it over and move the ink around with the wrap and then weigh it down with an ink pad! You an see the lines and texture from the wrap that was scrunched on top holding the water/ink in place as it dried.


 Here is another version using exactly the same technique and even colours - just I used the Reinkers directly onto the cling wrap instead of the ink pads. It results in a much richer colour base of course but using more water meant there were less lines from the wrap that was used to move the colours around but still plenty of interest and I think it is my favourite 😊






Card stock:  Whisper White (thick and standard), Sparkle and Silver Glimmer, Copper Foil
Ink: Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel, Pretty Peacock
Accessories: Big Shot, Merry Christmas Dies, Detailed Deer Dies, Magnificent Magnolia Dies, Cling Wrap, Metallic Sequins Assortment

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to pop over to Just Add Ink and see all the cards the design team have created to inspire you. And I look forward to seeing how you choose to "Just Add....'C" to your projects this week.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are so cool, Jan! What a great technique, and the colours certainly evoke a frosty scene!

    ReplyDelete