Friday 24 January 2020

JAI #489 Happy Birthday To You Colours



Hello and welcome everyone! Well, what a wonderful week it has been in the JAI family! Our annual Blog Hop and special celebration challenge generated lots of love and encouraging comments all around. I am so blessed to part of such a fab team of lovely ladies and thank you,  the participants for joining with us each week!

No photo description available.

It's now time for a NEW Just Add Ink challenge week and Rachael has given us a very fun Colour challenge where you can choose 3 out of the 5 colours to work with. Please remember the only other additions to be black, white or metallics. The design team had a lot of fun with this and have come up with so many different combos that I encourage to pop on over and be inspired and we'd love you to join us!


Of course, Lovely Lipstick was top of my list to include on my card- as it's my favourite colour over Mambo if you hadn't guessed - and next Blueberry Bushel, but the other colour took some trial and errors to decide on. I tried both Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay before settling on the Call Me Clover.  Colour challenges have always been my Kryptonite so having a few choices was really good!! In the end, I'm happy with how this turned out 😊


I moved house in November and a lot of supplies have been in storage (and some still are). ... Sometimes you don't realise just how often you use things til you don't have them - like Embossing Buddies, Water Color Pencils and Wink of Stella and how stifled you feel as a crafter! But having these back in my now tiny craft space, again has renewed my mojo - hooray!
The blooms are coloured using Blends and Copics and the Cake with a Blender Pen twice to cut out and layer the blooms on top with dimension. It's hard to see but the Blueberry Panel has embossed with the Subtle folder.
 I love combining new sets with different ones and changing the feel a bit and so the fave Well Said bundle and some sparkly Silver Glimmer Paper layered over some white card was this week's choice. What is your fave style or trick? Or are not quite sure what it is yet? 


Card Stock: Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Blends: Lovely Lipstick, Copics for Bushel and Clover, Versamark, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Happy Birthday To You (Saleabration), Well Said
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Well Worded Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, White EP, Metallic Sequins (retired) Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can pop over to the JAI challenge blog and see all the fun colour combos the rest of the design team have chosen and I look forward to seeing what you create for this fun challenge.

Happy stamping til next time,

Jan



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, a gorgeous card and saw you on another challenge, so wanted to follow another Aussie...maybe you'd like to pop bye and say hi and follow me too...https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete