Friday 5 June 2020

Just Add Ink #508 Just Add "F"




Happy Friday everyone and welcome!! Here in Victoria it is the start of the Queen's Birthday holiday weekend. With Social restrictions easing slightly it's a great time to get out and enjoy the Winter sunshine or to spend at the crafting table! 

Image may contain: text

This week at Just Add Ink we have one of Tina's popular Alphabet challenges and this week it's to Add the letter "F" to our projects. Our design team have created such fabulous cards to inspire you so I hope that you can pop on over have a peek and we'd love you to join us!

Birthday card featuring Stampin Up's Ornate Garden and Well Worded bundles for JAI #508 by Jan McQueen. More info @www,janscreativecorner.blogspot.com

For my card this week, I decided on Flowers and Frames and was inspired by a lovely card by Jennifer McGuire.  I started by white embossing the Ornate Garden image twice on water color paper and used Zig Markers and a Water Brush to colour the images. The stitched squares are cut so as to make the image appear wider so as to give the appearance of a background stamp. 


To create a shadow frame around the "birthday" die I used a trick from my fellow JAI teamie and an Artisan Design Team member, Rochelle Blok who suggests tracing around the metal die and fussy cutting to create a shadow effect. It seems now I look at the photo that my hand might have moved whilst tracing -oops! It shows I guess that whilst we all try to do our best, mistakes happen.
The Happy is embossed with the sadly retiring Black Sparkle EP and is super sparkly in real life.




Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Ornate Garden, Well Said
Accessories: Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Well Worded Dies, White EP, Black Shimmery EP.
Non SU: Zig Watercolor Markers, Water color Paper (TH, Ranger), Rhinestones (Craft store)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see the design team inspiration and I look forward to see what "F" elements you choose to add to your projects this week.

Til next time,
Jan



 




No comments:

Post a Comment