Friday 10 June 2016

RIP Rusty


Hello friends and welcome to the weekend. Our pets are part of our family and so when the time comes to say goodbye it is heartbreaking. They keep us company, make us laugh, entertain us and always somehow seem to know just when we need a hug.
 Earlier this week, I got the phone call I had been expecting - and dreading - from some lovely friends that they had had to say goodby to their beloved terrier, Rusty. He had been unwell for a short while and sadly he would've otherwise have had his 17th birthday tomorrow.  But it was not to be. Like many of our much loved pets, he now has a permanent home in the garden where he can rest peacefully.


So of course a card was needed and I realised I have a gap in my stamp cupboard!  As I was going to be using Copics, I went back to the practice sheets from an Online Card Classes course covering Copics and as I practiced, I realised that this image would be the most like him. To give with the card, I have a silver photo frame, so that was my inspiration. So a water coloured background scene was needed and then some Wink of Stella to both the image and the paw prints. The beautiful sentiment is from Stampendous and is so true don't you think?


On the collar is his tag which here is one of the new heart Metallic Enamel Shapes. It is rather opaque and shines just as beautifully (maybe even more so) than the regular coloured ones. The frame is popped up using the new Foam Adhesive Strips - they are higher than Dimensionals but also rather narrow - so easily hidden :-)

Card stock: Whisper White (thick and standard) Real Red,Water Colour paper, Silver Foil
Ink: Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: D is For Dog
Accessories: Big Shot, Aqua Painter, Large heart punch (retired), Metallic Enamel Shapes, Wink of Stella
Non SU: Dog Image Copyright Online Card Classes (courtesy of Lawn Fawn), Dog Sayings - Stampendous, Stitched Square Dies - Simon Says Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to give your pets an extra pat today - and especially if they too are called Rusty ( I know of one other very special boy with this lovely name who I'd love to send a pat out to too :-)).

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



3 comments:

  1. Jan my heart skipped a beat when I read your title..... first I thought of Sally.... then of course my own little Yorkie Terrier, Rusty! Who by the way will be turning 5 tomorrow on June 11 too.... wow so many coincidences here.

    Your card is lovely and hopefully will help during this difficult time. So very nice of you. And now I will go downstairs and give the pat that you are sending to my own Rusty...who will probably just be looking for food of course. LOL Really beautiful card. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Louise - I didn't mean to give you a fright! Wow, so it's your Rusy's birthday today too?! I am sure he will have a lovely day full of treats and walks and fun. And yes, pleas do give him a big cuddle from Sally and I too. The card and frame were much appreciated - and it's true that as pet owners we can sympathise. We all know how hard it can be when that awful time comes. Take care my lovely friend xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Jan. Came back here when after checking Rusty's little "carnet" we were given when we got him that yes he was born in 2011 but on the 14th.... so he will be 5 on Tuesday....oops! Thanks for your good words as always. I am happy that your so thoughtful gifts were so much appreciated. I am sure they will be put to good use. Cheers. xo

    ReplyDelete