Friday 15 September 2017

Happy Birthday for JAI #377


Happy Friday and welcome :-) Whilst we are hoping to soon shake off the last of the Winter weather here in Australia, our thoughts are with all those affected by Cyclone Irma and hoping that everyone gets the help they need during the long recovery and rebuilding process ahead.


This week at Just Add Ink  we have a lovely and fresh colour combo suggested for us by Rochelle. As always our lovely design team have created truly beautiful cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment and pop on over and take a look and we'd love you to join us :-)


These colours seemed so Spring inspired to me so I opted to go floral. This combination of stamp and die cut is one of my favourites from the new Catalogue and I really enjoyed working with it in these colours.
I started with 'smooshing" a water colour background.  I usually use an Aqua Painter for backgrounds as feel I have more control over it but it's good to give yourself an extra challenge :-)


Everyone has their own way of "smooshing". I use a 10x10cm piece of acetate and add a SMALL amount of ink to it direct from ink pads, spray that with water and then literally drag it over the paper. A few finger flicks from behind creates the little splotches. And having a paper towel handy to mop up any pooling water would be my best tip :-)


Card stock: Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Pool Party, Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist
Stamps: Daisy Delight
Accessories: Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Daisy Punch, Clear Wink of Stella, White organza Ribbon, Mini Silver Sequins, Metallic Sequin assortment
Non SU: Water Color Card Stock (TH)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team and I look forward to seeing what you will create with these fresh and pretty colours too.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

7 comments:

  1. Well I do love your 'smooshed' background, Jan. This is a super pretty card with lots of sparkle, & it's definitely spring like. Your ribbon & sequin treatment is a perfect finish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over how much I like this!! Everything works so well together! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle for dropping by and your lovely encouraging comment. So glad you liked the card :-) x

      Delete
  3. I am loving that background Jan! I must admit, I've never smooshing like this - I will certainly be trying it today! 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bright and cheerful card, Jan. The Dapper Denim Daisy looks stunning against your beautiful smooshed background. I absolutely adore the silver accents, they compliment the sparkling silver die cut beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunning Jan. I'm a huge keen smoosher and your background is to die for!! I bet it's even more beautiful in real life xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card with a fabulous watercolour background - smooshing is my favourite! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete