Wednesday 20 August 2014

You Rock Dad - Father's Day

Welcome to another Wednesday in Melbourne Australia.  I am actually writing this the night before (Tuesday!)   - so this will be a "scheduled" post and I hope it all comes through as it should.  It seems a bit strange to be writing for the future :-) But I have quite a busy day ahead -  with Sally the Lab having another big operation tomorrow  - his time to carve a groove in her Femur (thigh bone) for her knee cap to sit in to stop it dislocating so I have a bit of running around to do -  getting ready for playing Nurse again! Including a nasty Filling in a molar by the Dentist! So a fun day for both of us :-) Ok, not really!!

Anyway, I do have a great sketch and fun card to show you. Here is this week's sketch from the Paper Craft Crew:

And here is my somewhat cheeky card :1)


I had fun playing with some new toys here : the fun You Rock stamp and the Little Letters Framelits! So this card is one for Father's Day which in Australia and New Zealand is the first Sunday in September - so not far away at all now :-) And the sketch does call for three "dots" on the left hand side and I decided to be a creative and to use some background dots from my favourite set Gorgeous Grunge to fulfil that element :-)

As you can see I've used the negative images from the Little Letters - and just to be safe, even though I used my magnetic plate - I did place some Post It notes over the Letters. As they are truly quite little! I can see them getting loads of use too which is fabulous :-)

Card stock: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper : I Am Me (retired)
Inks: Basic Grey, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: You Rock, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Little Letters Framelits, Stars Framelits, Hexagon punch, Red sequin ( Not SU)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I do hope too you have time to check out all the fun cards from  the Design Team at The Paper Craft Crew this week, and maybe you too might be inspired to join in with the challenge with us!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


2 comments:

  1. Jan, I love that rocking chair! It's a great image for the card. I wouldn't have thought the negative space of the letters or leaving the chair uncoloured would be so effective, but that's what's so eye-catching about the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heidi! Yes, I first cut the letters out and after i'd done that I decided to use the Negative space - so cut them out again :-) Now I just need to make two cards WITH the letters LOL!

      Delete