Wednesday 25 February 2015

Crazy For Birthdays

After a bit of a rush this morning to get there am now resting after having a surgical procedure at the Dental Hospital…a huge thank you to my good friend Bernie who played Taxi and stayed for a coffee afterwards -  it was good to have a bit of time to catch up too as it's been a couple of weeks since we've seen each other. We never seem to run out of things to talk about - just one of the signs of a good friendship I think :-) And yes - we are having a Stamp and Chat night tomorrow and it was Bernie that introduced me to stamping. We started off as work colleagues 15years ago….where has the time gone?!

Talking of time…it's Wednesday and so time for another sketch from The Paper Craft Crew! The Team has a new member this week  - Crystal aka Super Stamp Girl - so I hope you can take a moment and pop over to see all the wonderful creations from the Team and give Crystal a warm welcome too :-)


When I first saw this it just screamed "star shaker " to me so I couldn't help but listen :-)


So to create the shaker element I used our Shaker Frames - they are a good height and width to keep all the bits and pieces inside and if you snip a side it is quite easy to shape them any way you  like. So I first put my DSP layer onto the front of the card and cut the top star with the Star Framelits. The Navy layer underneath is cut with the next larger size star enabling the Frame adhesive to be hidden. And the Window sheet is just behind the Gold star frame - gives plenty of room to fill and shake and as this will be heading off to my turning 7 years old Nephew….it will get a bit of shaking for sure :-)


And thanks to the fabulous Hello You Thinlit dies there is very little stamping on this card too!

Card stock: Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Gold Foil Specialty
Designer Series Paper: Birthday Bash Specialty
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Crazy For You
Accessories: Big Shot, Star Framelits, Hello You Thinlits, Itty Bitty Punch pack, 13/4" Circle Punch, Hexagon Punch - for banner ends, Gold Embossing Powder, Basics Hodgepodge Clips

Thanks for stopping by today and I do hope you can take a moment and pop on over to The Paper Craft Crew and check out what the rest of the Team has made to inspire you. And I look forward to seeing what you create with this sketch too :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



1 comment:

  1. Such a happy card Jan! Love the stars it's party in a card! - katerina

    ReplyDelete