Saturday 29 August 2015

D is for Cat Sympathy

Today's card is for a friend who has just had to say goodbye to their 16 year old cat who passed away this week. Such a long and good life, I'm sure he was very appreciative of the love and care he was given and he is very much missed by his human companion.
 I don't own any Cat stamps  but I do have the long retired D is for Dog and as their paws are very similar (except the retractable claws!) I decided this might hopefully work - I was inspired by a lovely saying I read on another stamp set (that I don't yet own) that our pets "leave their paw prints on our hearts":-)


I used an Aqua painter and some water colour paper to make a water colour wash background and then when it was dry, stamped the paw image using Momento ink. I colour washed another piece of card and stamped a few more paw prints, choosing the blue version to cut out and layer onto the Stitched Circle (the cat was male).
A very simple card but hopefully will bring a little comfort to a lovely friend :-)


(All items by Stampin Up unless mentioned).
Card stock: So Saffron, Whisper White, Water colour Paper
Ink: Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Tempting Torquoise, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: D is for Dog (retired), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Accessories: Big Shot, Aqua Painter, Basi Rhinestones
Non SU : Stitched Circle Dies (MFT)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful background! I wish I had this set - too many times I've had need for it. I'm sorry for your friends loss - our pets really are such a big part of our lives. I'm sure your card was very much appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background, Jan! Great idea using the paw print & looks lovely! -katerina

    ReplyDelete