Friday 22 May 2020

JAI #506 Inspiration Retro Birthday



Happy Friday everyone and welcome!! This week, with restrictions starting to ease here in Australia people are starting to go out and about more. There is more traffic on the roads and on the odd occasion that I have been out, the social distancing doesn't always seem to be done as well as it could be. I am cautiously optimistic but as someone who does have health issues I would encourage everyone to continue to be careful and maintain the space between others for everyone's safety.


At Just Add Ink this week we have a gorgeous Photo Inspiration for you suggested by Nikki
There is so much to love about this photo - the rich colours, circular shapes and all the different textures and foodie goodies! Our lovely design team has created lots of amazing things to inspire you so I hope that you can pop on over to take a peek and we'd love you to join us!


For my guy card I was inspired by the bowl shapes and the colours to create another retro style project inspired by Laura Bassen. You can seen another similar project I made last week, here.

These are quite easy to make when you can decide on the colours and the Challenge Photo makes this easy! The process is simpler than it looks - create two different coloured layered circles, cut them in half and use one half from each to create your card.


The swirls do line up better when spaced a little way apart so that is where here I've used Black Glimmer paper and added the sentiment on top. It wasn't easy to not add some sort of sequin or gem but this is a Guy card and I decided CAS would be best.




Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you are inspired to join us at Just Add Ink this week and I look for to seeing what you create with this gorgeous Photo challenge this week.

Til next time,
Jan





No comments:

Post a Comment