Friday 22 January 2021

Just Add Ink #538 Perennial Birthday



It's Friday and this weekend marks the end of the Summer School Holidays with most of the kids going back middle of  next week after the Australia Day holiday. So many families and teachers are hoping that this year will be better than last year - and really don't we all!


And it's back to our regular format for us at Just Add Ink this week too. Thanks for joining us for out fun Blog Hop challenge last week! This week we have a clean and simple sketch for you from Patrice to spark your crafty projects. As always our lovely design team have created a fabulous array of examples to inspire you so I hope you can pop on over and hopefully join us.


For my card I used the new Pretty Perennials Bundle with some bright and cheery Summer inspired colours. These flowers remind me of Petunias - flowers that are more annuals than perennials but for me they are such a wonderfully bright, happy flower that is synonymous with Summer and I love to have a planter full of them each year. 


As in my garden, I have surrounded the stamped flowers with white  to allow the colours to shine. The top left flower was stamped in Majenta and then a little Grapefruit was added before stamping to blend the two colours for a slight contrast with the card stock behind it.


For the white rectangles, I had intended to use the new Stitched with Whimsy Dies but I found these dies do not cut a shape around their stitched edge so the Rectangles came to the rescue. The "happy" was fussy cut and some jewels and Wink of Stella added.


Thanks for stopping by today and to all those that have left comments along the way - I love to hear from you! I hope you have a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see how the design team all used this sketch and I look forward to seeing what you will create too!

Card stock: Majenta Madness, Whisper White
Inks: Magenta Madness, Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green
Stamps: Pretty Perennials
Accessories, Die Cutting machine, Perennial Petals Dies, Rectangle Dies, In Colour 2018 (lipstick) enamel dots, Wink of Stella

Til next time,

Jan







 

No comments:

Post a Comment