Tuesday 18 May 2021

Guitar, Grunge and Green for JAI #554


Hello and welcome to a mid-week extra post! I needed a card for my now teenage Nephew. He is into music - plays guitar, bass and drums in 3 different bands at his school so I thought that could work for this week's Just Add G challenge at Just Add Ink and so I’m playing along!




So to add my G elements of Green, Guitar and Grunge....I started by sponging a rainbow of colour using Distress Inks to look a little like stage lighting and droplets of water to create interest and a grunge effect. As one of the bands my nephew is in recently opened for a big named band in his home town, a stage theme is perfect! 



Next the retired  Extreme Guitar stamp was inked in Versamark and embossed with Shimmery Black EP to accentuate the grunge factor.
Last but not least, the sentiment was embossed onto vellum cut to size so as to not hide all the background and some metallic star sequins added.
Music is in our family's blood, our mother’s family are all pianists and I too was once a reasonable guitarist whilst my brother played bass so its great to see the talents flow through the generations. I hope my nephew likes his card. 😊




Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Vellum.
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Extreme Guitar (retired), Epic Celebrations (Sab retired)
Accessories: Black Shimmery EP, Metallic Sequins Assortment, Stitched Rectangle Framelits

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you later in the week with the new Just Add Ink challenge!

Til next time,
Jan




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Jan! Such a fabulous and creative card for a musical guy. I’m sure he will love it! Thanks for sharing on your off week!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan - Cool card man! Perfect for a teenage guy! Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete