Friday 17 May 2024

Goodbye Artistic for JAI #702

 



Happy Friday and welcome to you! I hope that you've had a great week and are ready for a weekend at hopefully a slightly slower pace and perhaps some crafting too. I know that I am definitely ready for a bit of a rest and have a couple of crafting projects on my "urgent" list yet. 



This week at Just Add Ink we have this cute and fabulous sketch by the lovely Lou Kitzelman to spark your creativity. Sketches are great as you can add images following the sketch layout and it's one less design choice to have to make. Our design team had fun with this which you will see if you can pop on over to the JAI blog and I hope that you will join us for this challenge!


For my card, I chose to use a retiring favourite stamp bundle - Artistically Inked. The DSP that came with this set when originally launched was very special too as had an alcohol ink appearance. The main floral image fits the sketch here though and so I chose to use it to say goodbye to this set. At least for now.


I added the die cut stitched squares directly to the DSP layer and then looped a length of Linen Thread around the outside to further link these squares together and only then added the stamped images.
This year it was a fabulous surprise to welcome back a long retired favourite colour - Pretty In Pink. It is so nice to have some soft pinks back on the colour list.


To create the stitched sentiment panel, I first stamped the sentiment in Versamark Ink and embossed it using White Embossing Powder. Then I used a rectangle die that is as wide as I wanted and cut close to one edge of the sentiment, and then ran this through the die cutting machine again, this time using the other side of the die to cut the same distance from the other side of the sentiment.



Card stock: Pretty in Pink, Basic White, Basic Black
Designer Series Paper: Expressions In Ink (retired)
Inks: Pretty In Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Shaded Spruce, versamark
Stamps: Artistically Inked
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle DiesArtistic Dies, Gold Faceted Gems, Metallic Sequins, Linen thread

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you can pop on over to Just Add Ink and I look forward to what you might make for this challenge too!


'Til next time,
Jan













No comments:

Post a Comment