Happy Friday and welcome back! It's the second week of Daylight Savings for those of us in States in Australia that observe it. It means I have to try and remember before messaging and waking friends an hour earlier than intended! Oops!! It also means that we finally have some sunlight after dinner and have summer's long evenings to look forward to. Our garden is looking good - very colourful again which brings me to this week's challenge at Just Add Ink.
At Just Add Ink Kerry would like us to Just Add Paper Piecing to our projects. Paper piecing has a couple of interpretations. In sewing it means creating a pattern on paper and then piecing and sewing material into it. In card making it usually means using designer series paper to either insert into a pattern, similar to the sewing method or to fill and colour a stamped image.
Our design team have created both types of Paper Piecing and we can't wait to see what method you will choose to use for your projects!. You have until Wednesday, 21 October to enter your card on the Just Add Ink blog.
Our design team have created both types of Paper Piecing and we can't wait to see what method you will choose to use for your projects!. You have until Wednesday, 21 October to enter your card on the Just Add Ink blog.
For my project I decided to paper piece a checker board background for my card using the Radiant Foils Specialty Paper and the Sunflower Fields DSP. The foil has a copper tone to it that goes well with the Pecan Pie in this paper.
I cut a 9x9cm of copy paper and started with adding 3cm wide strips of the DSP and then cutting 3x3cm Foil squares to glue over the top. Then I added this to a piece of card stock to give it a little more strength.
Then it was time to design the rest of the card. The Sunflower EF seemed a natural choice. The image is coloured using Blends and Copics and the sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and cut with the this delightful curved die included in the dies set. Then some strips of card stock, a touch of twine and a few pretties added - and they really sparkle! - and this card is done.
Thanks for popping by today and I hope that you feel inspired to create your own paper piecing for our challenge at Just Add Ink and I look forward to seeing what you make! And in the meantime, I will go and plant some sunflower seeds in the garden that I saved from the flowers I grew last year. Yes, it's my favourite time of year - the anticipation is almost as good as seeing the flowers themselves.
Card stock: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Basic White
Designer Series Paper: Radiant Foils, Sunflower Fields
Inks: Early Espresso, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Radiant Sunflowers
Accessories: Die cutting machine, Radiant Sunflowers dies, Sunflower EF, Twine, Radiant Gems
"Til next time,
Jan
.jpeg)



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment