Monday 11 November 2013

I'm back!

I'm sorry its been a little while between posts - I haven't been so well. But we are improving and back on track again.

I have some great news in that I won my first ever card Challenge over at Just Add Ink last week with my Girly Grunge card! Such a lovely surprise! A big thanks to the JAI team for all the great challenges and the lovely encouraging comments! For years now I have been inspired by the JAI Team and all those who enter the challenges and so I am excited to be able to enter now let alone win one! Wow!!

Today I have a couple of Christmas cards to share - neither will be entered in a challenge today but hopefully we will have a Challenge card for you soon.
Yes, this card is similar to a previous card - sometimes just a small adjustment can make a card an individual! The base of the card is Midnight Muse and the next layer is River Rock added with dimensionals to allow the Burlap to be tucked underneath. The "button" is actually a brad - one of the retired Baja Breeze corduroy brads from a couple of years back. I like the "natural" feel it has -  it compliments the Burlap ribbon don't you think?
The Wonderful Blessing is stamped in Midnight Muse and then some Dazzling Diamonds are applied using a Glue pen to the angels and stars above the stable. And it is cut out with the circles framelits as is the layer underneath.

Card stock: Midnight Muse, River Rock, Whisper White
Inks: Midnight Muse
Stamp: Wonderful Blessing
Accessories: Big Shot, Circles Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Burlap Ribbon, Corduroy Brad.

The second card is inspired by a sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches. This card is a case of Cindy Hall whose card you can see in the link above. It is too similar to enter but I have another idea forming for an entry card so watch this space :-)


Yes Midnight Muse is THE colour today! The Background paper is from the Winter Frost Specialty pack - my "go to " pack this year, I love the colours! So the belly band has a gap in it and the left side is  embossed with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder - it looks like a Poinsettia! The greeting is embossed in White but next time I think Midnight Muse might be better?

Card stock: Midnight Must, Pool Party, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Winter Frost Specialty
Inks: Midnight Muse, Pool Party (marker for the branch), Versamark
Accessories: Big Shot, Petals a Plenty EF, White Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones

Happy Stamping until next time,

Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment