Saturday 13 June 2015

Birthday Feathers


Once again we had another chilly morning that turned into a beautiful sunny day - absolutely perfect Winter weather and I sure hope it continues. It's not long to wait now until the Shortest Day - June 21 and although the days and nights are usually colder after that I don't mind - with the days lengthening again it is much easier to believe that Spring is coming :-)

Today's card is one I made before all the new goodies arrived. I am so sad that Four Feathers is being retired and so I will hold onto it for now at least! This card is a lot more shimmery in real life of course too.


I wanted to keep it relatively clean - but it didn't quite end up that way with the Grunge Splotches. The feathers are all different, One gold embossed on Strawberry Slush, one stamped in SS on White and one embossed in White on Vellum.



Card stock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Vellum
Designer Series Paper: Back to Black
Inks: Pink Pirouette, Encore Gold, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Four Feathers (retired), Sassy Salutations
Accessories: Big Shot, Feathers Framelits, White and Gold EP, Strawberry Slush twine, Gold sequin trim

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope are having a great weekend with some crafting time featuring :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




2 comments:

  1. Black & pink it's such an elegant feminine combination! It looks amazing! I am sad that feathers are retiring! There are gorgeous! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katerina - I am sad too about the feathers retiring - maybe they might just bring them back? Here's hoping :-)

      Delete