Friday 26 June 2015

Just Add a Sketch JAI #268


Such a beautiful day today - blue sky and sun and we're expecting a warm 16 degrees (Celsius)  - quite amazing for the end of June in Melbourne! But we will definitely enjoy it whilst it lasts :-)

Also ready for enjoyment is this week's challenge at Just Add Ink :-) The lovely Narelle has suggested a fabulous sketch for us to use. As always, the Team have created some incredibly amazing creations to inspire you so I do hope you can take a moment to pop on over and see them.

Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:


Yes, I surprised myself with the colouring here too Lol!  For those who don't know,  colouring is something I am still trying to learn!!  And having returned my Blendies to get some new stamps, it was time to get out my Aqua Painter and water colour paper and go in search of a tutorial. I didn't have far to go - there are many wonderful colourists including several of our Just Add Ink Team :-) As I was looking for this image I came across a version by our Australian Artisan Teneale Williams and tried to emulate her shading. And having gone to the trouble of colouring the leaves I decided to cut them out and use them too :-)


Card stock: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Basic Black, Water Colour Paper
Designer Series Paper: English Garden
Inks: Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry,Versamark 
Stamps: You've Got This, Flower Patch
Accessories: Big Shot, Boho Chick EF, Black EP, Gold Metallic thread, Metallic Sequins pack, Triple Banner Punch, PL Corner Rounder Punch

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to stop by Just Add Ink and see all the wonderful cards the Team have made with this sketch and I look forward to seeing what you will create this week too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

11 comments:

  1. Great choices, of colour, stamps and paper, Jan - this is beautiful! You should have more confidence in your own colouring ability; you've done a lovely job. Having fun is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card & colours Jan! Your colouring is gorgeous! Love how you achieve dark & light shading on the flower! Looks amazing - katerina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely divine, Jan. I love your colour choices, and your colouring is fabulous. So very very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Jan! Your colouring is pretty darn good for a learner..:0) I do believe you've got your "P"s. Lovely colour choices too!.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan you have nailed the colouring here! I love all the colour choices you've made and the soft gold twine is a beautiful addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Ladies - I should've mentioned too that this was version 5 of the colouring lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I think you did a fantastic job with your colouring. I know its something I struggle with, thank goodness there are lots of videos out there to help! Your colour combo is lovely too, especially the soft beige in the stripes. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect sentiment for this beautifully coloured image Jan. I also like how you have used the stripes. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely aced the colouring Jan! The stripey DSP makes a really striking, strong background for your lovely flower. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Jan! The colouring of the flower is perfect and really pops off that background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty & elegant card, Jan. Love the colours & patterns you've chosen to go with that brilliant flower - great work on the colouring.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete