Friday 20 November 2015

JAI #289 Just Add Music


It's Friday and that means it's time for a brand new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week Patrice has suggested a fun challenge for us all - to Just add…Music!
Such a lot of scope for your interpretation and the design team have all come up with amazing cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and have a look!

Here is my card:


 The red, white and blue colours were not intended - I started with the beautiful DSP which features the sheet music of Silent Night and backed it with the red foil and when looking for another colour for the banner, the blue DSP jumped out at me. I did have the news on whilst crafting and saw all the iconic buildings of the world lit up in these colours - and so it seems this beautiful response to the week's sadness in Paris has somehow influenced my crafting! Whilst my blue is not the same as the flag this thought did prompt me to add the Noel die cut. And suddenly we have a rare "no stamping" card. Got to love that even if I do say so myself :-)


Card stock: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Red Foil
Designer Series Paper: Home For Christmas, Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum
Accessories: Big Shot, Star Framelits, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Triple Banner Punch, Snowflake Elements, Gold Cording Trim, Metallic Sequins Assortment,

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the fabulous creations from the design team to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this very fun musical theme!

Happy stamping until next time, 

Jan

5 comments:

  1. Jan this is truly lovely! I love how you mixed Christmas themes like music, snowflakes and stars and added that fabulous scrolly sentiment to top it all off. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love the combo of colors and the french "Noel". What a beautiful card Jan and wonderful thoughts! It is indeed very sad with everything happening in the World right now.
    I hope Sally is doing well? Cheers. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely Christmas card! I love the details - the music, the snowflakes. Everything combines so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to read of how this card came about, Jan. Subliminal crafting...love it. It's a gorgeous Christmas card and that red foil is a real stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, Jan. The colours are lovely together & the whole card sparkles with snowflakes- Katerina



    ReplyDelete