Tuesday 14 May 2019

Kelly's Stamping Friends Birthday Blog Hop 2019



Hello and welcome to a special Blog Hop to celebrate the lovely Kelly Kent's birthday!! I've been blessed to know Kelly for a few years now thanks to us being Just Add Ink teamies. She is a very talented crafter and also so very generous with her time and energy for all and so I jumped at the opportunity to honour her on her birthday.😀

You may have just arrived here from Siobhan Fitzsimmins and her gorgeous projects. And you can also start the Hop here by clicking on the Next button at the bottom of this post. I'm sure you will enjoy your trip around  blog land celebrating Kelly and Birthdays with us. We hope you will be inspired and you may even get a few sneak peeks of new products coming in the new Annual Catalogue. 😊



For my card, I do have a couple of sneak peeks for you and have created a Triangle Fold card. I was inspired to try this fun fold by a recent card from another of my lovely JAI team mates,  Nikki Spencer. The flower used here is of course the aptly named Magnificent Magnolia and as I have loved the trees and flowers in the neighbourhood for years, it is sure to get a good work out here 😀


The petals are coloured using Blends and Wink of Stella and the leaves using Copics. You may have noticed that the bottom left leaf is fussy cut and slipped underneath. It helps it fit the space better - and also my need for balance, Lol! The banners are adhered to the top of the front panel and I think for future versions they would sit better if adhered to the back of the panel.





The gorgeous DSP is also new, from the Perennial Essence Suite. It his stunning in real life and has a definite Monet feel about it. I adore the mix of deep purples and blues with the lighter pinks / yellows and couldn't wait to pair it with this bloom for a slightly different look.



This card is now on it's way to Kelly, the birthday girl of course and I hope you too enjoy heading off next to see Richelle Fletcher and her awesome projects! You can see a full list of the Blop Hop participants below. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Hop. 😊


Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Gold Glimmer
Designer Series Paper:
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Blends: Lovely Lipstick (light), Pink Pirouette (retired)
Stamps: Magnificent Magnolia, Well Said
Accessories: Big Shot, Magnolia Memory Dies, Well Written Dies, White flax Ribbon, Wink of Stella (clear), White EP, Gold Faceted Gems.
Non - Stampin Up - Green and brown Copic markers.


PARTICIPANT LIST
1 Kelly Kent
2 Shannon Kissane
3 Tina Gillespie
4 Monique Fielder
5 Leonie Stuart
6 Michelle Strazds
7 Mandy Depiazzi 
8 Rochelle Blok 
9 Narelle Simm 
10 Catherine Creer
11 Lou Kitzelman
12 Sandra Collett 
13 Sharon Dalton 
14 Denise Buetler 
15 Siobhan Fitzsimmons
16 Jan McQueen - you are HERE
17 Cathy Pinchbeck
18 Richelle Fletcher 
19 Melissa Gifford 
20 Rachael Lewsley
21 Nicole Wilson
22 Julia Quinn
23 Sheila Pybus
24 Leonie Schroder

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Jan! I love the fancy fold, the DSP (can not wait to get my hands on that paper!!), the colours you've chosen, the beautiful colouring, the bling - everything!! I hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to CASE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning Jan! Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour combination Jan, the Magnolia looks so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Jan! The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fun fold and the magnolia looks perfect against the new DSP (one of my all time favs from the new catty!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fold shows of your gorgeous new projects beautifully Jan. I can only aspire to the delicate balance you achieve with colouring. Thanks for being part of my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card! What a great way to showcase all the lovely new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colouring! It matches the name of the stamp set perfectly and is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful way of using the DSP and flower image to showcase both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Jan, I absolutely love everything about this stunning card. I would love to case it if I may x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Jan, the DSP is so pretty and I love the gold glimmer paper. Thanks for sharing, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is one of my favourite folds! Your card is divine with the purple, dsp and that gorgeous Magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snap! I love this fold too! And the DSP is stunning! I think you have convinced me to put it in my next order! Love the overhanging banners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jan that is just stunning. I really must try that fold. You have inspired me. x

    ReplyDelete