Wednesday 26 June 2019

Bird Ballad Thinking of You


This week has been one filled with sad news for several of our friends and as a card maker that means we need to head into the craft room. Sometimes, especially in the emotion of the moment, it is not easy to come up with an original idea which is what happened to me this week. But we are blessed to have the internet and lovely friends who inspire us and today I've CASE"D (Copy and Share Edited) a design by my fabulous Just Add Ink team mate, Rochelle Blok. Funnily enough, her cards were inspired by another of my favourite card makers Jennifer McGuire ðŸ˜ŠSo I feel better that we all need inspiration sometimes!


The technique Jennifer calls "Floating die cut frames" and you get two cards out of the one design which was perfect for this situation as I wanted a card each for 2 sisters. 
Rochelle used the Bird Ballad DSP for her project and it's so very pretty that I wanted to give this a go too. The only thing I didn't have is the Glad Press n Seal. But I do have a roll of Post it Tape. 


So the idea is to lay your images (these are fussy cut from the Bird Ballad DSP ) to cover the card front. Add the Press n Seal or in this case, Post it Tape strips that I had first de stickied (is that even a word?) by taping to my jeans a few times... then die cut with a frame. Add dimensionals to every tiny piece of the cut images and then using the Glad or Post it Tape, add it to the card front and then remove the Glad/Tape. I can say it is worth the de-sticky process and I can also verify that Painters tape doesn't come off easily enough.



For this first card, I have added a smaller Nested Label to help show off the frame shape and a sentiment from Magnificent Magnolia. You can really see the dimension of the floral frame here too.


To help the label shape be the star, I added a white frame around the second card and the sentiment comes from a Saleabration set, Part of My Story.


Hopefully you can see here that the frame is flat to still allow the dimensional florals to shine.


Card stock: Whisper White thick and standard, Basic Black
Designer Series Paper: Bird Ballad
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Magnificent Magnolia, Part of My Story (Saleabration, 2019)
Accessories: Big Shot, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Black EP, White EP, Gold Faceted Gems, Basic Pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you too find you need to CASE a card or two please do but remember that it is always good to give credit to those that inspire you. We all need a little encouragement from time to time and it is really lovely to hear when you have inspired someone to get creative as that is what we are all here for. 😊

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment