Friday 28 June 2019

Sympathy Blooms for JAI #463



Welcome back for another week of crafty inspiration. We've had a week of sad news, with a funeral to attend today and further loss and hospital admissions for friends. Heading into the craft room at such times can be difficult so that is where challenges can help kick start ideas to flow.


This week's Choose Two challenge at Just Add Ink is one I suggested so do hope you enjoy it! And I would love to see what you create by choosing Two of the Three embellishments - Foil, Ribbon or Sequins. The design team have plenty of gorgeous examples to inspire you so I hope you can pop over and join us.


Suggesting these embellies seemed easy and it was only when I sat down to create the challenge card that I realised it's because I tend to use all three on a lot of cards! So for this one it was a case of which one to leave off. With the Bloom and Grow set just arriving it became an easy choice with the flow of this lovely floral spray cancelling the need for a ribbon layer.


Everyone has their own view on what they like to create for a Sympathy card. I am not averse to adding a little colour as I see the card's job is to provide a little comfort in a time sad enough. But I do try not to over complicate them.


Here, I've kept the design CAS, just the floral spray coloured with Copics and Blends, a simple textured background and foil sentiment popped up on layers of Smoky Slate. Plus the sprinkling of silver and copper sequins as per the challenge.



Card Stock: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Ink: Versamark, Momento Tuxedo Black, Blends: Old Olive, Basic Black and Navy combos
Stamps: Bloom and Grow, Well Said
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Budding Blooms Dies, Well Written Dies, Pinewood Planks 3D EF, White EP, Metallic Sequins Assortment (retired).

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can pop by Just Add Ink and see all the inspiration from the rest of the team and I'd love to see which of these three embellishments you like to choose!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment